3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Having a couple problems - lights/rear end

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2013, 02:13 PM
PhillyEagleKGD
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Having a couple problems - lights/rear end

2007 QC 4x4 Hemi 3.92 gears. About 3 months ago I noticed some fluid on the inner sidewall of my rear-passenger side tire. It's black and was "splattered" in an outward pattern from the center. Around that same time, I noticed a slight tire chirping when turning right at low speeds. Took it into local Big O a couple weeks back to have tires rotated/balanced and had them look at it. They said (and this is what I was thinking also) that it's the axle seal. I have the factory service manual and I can't find anything about an axle seal anywhere. Can any of you suggest something different here, or should I just take it to the stealership and have them take a look?

Second question, my high beams don't work anymore. The indicator comes on in the dash, but the lights don't seem to work at all. I know it's a single bulb and the low beams work fine. Could it be a relay or something? Haven't spent much time diagnosing this and I would care except for the fact that safety/emission is going to be due in the next month.

Any help on either/both problems is appreciated. Thanks!

Old 05-31-2013, 06:31 PM
go-part
Former Vendor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

https://dodgeforum.com/forum/3rd-gen...tial-leak.html

Check to see if you get power to the bulb when you flick the high beams on.

Quick Reply: Having a couple problems - lights/rear end