3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

04 Ram - Engine Control Module

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2013, 09:57 AM
LVGrown
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 04 Ram - Engine Control Module

I recently had trouble starting my Ram, after a few times it started up, but the check engine light was on. I went straight over to Auto Zone and had a diagnostic ran on it. It came up that the Engine Control Module was no good. A few hours later the check engine light turned off. I now have a funky idle, it will stall out when I come to a complete stop here and there. When I reverse and then go to switch to drive it will die out. This is not an every single time problem, but living in Vegas the temperatures have been over 110 and I am reading that the heat is bad on the ECM. Would the ECM be causing these problems? If so how difficult is it to replace?

Old 06-09-2013, 04:57 PM
rought
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

water getting inside the fuse box and onto the circuit board which causes corrosion.. very common that year.. read here
https://dodgeforum.com/forum/3rd-gen...s-stay-on.html

Last edited by rought; 06-09-2013 at 05:00 PM.

Quick Reply: 04 Ram - Engine Control Module