3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

help 3500 duelly

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2013, 07:20 PM
andys1
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help 3500 duelly

My truck seems like the tranny is slipping. Around 100km seems to be the worst. Under load seems to be fine tows my 8000lb trailer uphill with no issues. But as soon as it levels out or down hill the tach will jump around (even with foot off pedal) lose power and if I leave gas off it comes back and seems it shifts back into drive and is fine for a bit but it is doing it more often now

Old 06-23-2013, 08:48 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Welcome to the forum. It could be a partially clogged filter or a bad filter o-ring could cause it to suck air.
Is the fluid full? What does the fluid look like? Dark, burnt looking?

Old 06-27-2013, 09:22 AM
DodgeCACares
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by andys1
My truck seems like the tranny is slipping. Around 100km seems to be the worst. Under load seems to be fine tows my 8000lb trailer uphill with no issues. But as soon as it levels out or down hill the tach will jump around (even with foot off pedal) lose power and if I leave gas off it comes back and seems it shifts back into drive and is fine for a bit but it is doing it more often now

Andys,

What year is your Ram and how many km's are on the vehicle? Are you due for any maintenance services?

Welcome to the Dodge Forum! If you have any questions feel free to PM me.

Quick Reply: help 3500 duelly