3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

i need a master mechs help!

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2013, 03:41 PM
Izero
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by zacharyhinna
ya i told him originally i wanted a 5.7 with all the bells and whistles and he said the 5.7 would be at over 10k stock is that legit bc i think i could have gotten a 5.7 tweaked for the money im paying now
To put a 5.7L Hemi in a truck with a 4.7L Magnum motor is more along the lines of $15,000 at most performance shops, so I think $10k is decent for having them do 100% of the work, but you going in to it clueless didn't help the situation....

All depends on what they did motorwise for you, once you post an accurate build-list we can judge if the price is right. If they did Bottom and Top End work then I can totally believe the price and it's dead on with where it should be.

Old 08-20-2013, 05:58 PM
zacharyhinna
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Izero
To put a 5.7L Hemi in a truck with a 4.7L Magnum motor is more along the lines of $15,000 at most performance shops, so I think $10k is decent for having them do 100% of the work, but you going in to it clueless didn't help the situation....

All depends on what they did motorwise for you, once you post an accurate build-list we can judge if the price is right. If they did Bottom and Top End work then I can totally believe the price and it's dead on with where it should be.
I will deff post a reply on this thread after i pick up the truck and the parts list "ITEMIZED" and would deff love to see if it was a good job or an over charged job. Also if it does help he did say he put a rebuild kit into the engine, im sure theres no way to tell for sure unless i take alot of stuff apart for no reason. theres alot more id like to do to my truck but ill wait till i get all this settled before i even post it lol

Old 08-22-2013, 10:53 AM
zacharyhinna

ok so the invoice i got earlier on with this job is not itemized at all it says stuff like dodge 4.7 factory engine and in the price box it says 0.00 and so do all the other listed items and then theres a grand total at the bottom that says "package price" and the man hours says "20 man hours" and in the price box thats 0.00 as well there are no individual pricing even!!! and the headers and exhaust and the intake arent even on it!!! so im going to ask for all the recipts or at least legit copies.

also a friend recommended that i take them to small claims court or possibly just light the fire under them by telling the bank to take 2k back that i spent on my card there paying my 10k balance to them. and tell them they will get it when i get my finished truck. BUT... i heard they can put a lean against my truck if i dont pay what they want...is this something they can just do??

Old 08-22-2013, 05:15 PM
SteveR
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That depends on the locale. Around here you need to sign something authorizing the work before they can do that.
Steve

Old 08-22-2013, 05:42 PM
Izero
Champion

get them to itemize it for you and then show the "discount" you got with the "package price".... they are just being lazy.

Old 08-23-2013, 09:56 AM
zacharyhinna

yesterday i called them around 12:00 and the main guy ive been talking to wasnt there so i asked for this guy ive been talking to about my truck, basically i told him, look man i got work and school i cant have my truck sitting there ill pick it up and go elsewhere please try to get it as close to being done as possible, if need be we can put my cats and exhaust in the bed. well that must have worked because when i called to tell him i was on my way he said ok cool man i just had your exhaust and hi flow cats put on!...

i went up there with my buddy and his father...both mechanically savvy, and we talked to this guy who works in the shop and not the a** who has been postponing me and this guy was legit! its unfortunate such a straight shooter and good worker is working for a total con artist.. but anyway he got down on the ground with me and we were looking at the exhaust, true dual, dumped right before the rear tires, my K&N intake, my chromed headers and everything done including front end work! this guy as soon as i said have it as done as possible ill be taking it back today he got hustling on it! he went to the muffler shop and had them weld everything on! he got them to do my truck in between projects, found my issue with the vibrating and the idle its a small vacuum leak.

so basically me my friend and his dad felt comfortable leaving it there over night and letting him tackle it this morning and i should be picking it up at noon, tuned and in perfect running condition, ill post pics when i can!!!

Old 08-23-2013, 09:59 AM
Izero
Champion

good luck

Let us know how it turns out.

Old 08-25-2013, 10:34 AM
zacharyhinna

ok guys...its bad....real bad....

ok so at this point it is parked at a friend who lives 4 miles from the shop. because for the last few weeks its been the same thing. a high idle issue and its dying.... you start it it will rev up to 1200rpms then go down to 800 and slowly drop to 500 then die...if you drive it and come to a stop light it will di if you let of the gas so you have to give it gas while braking....so that's ****. I took it from the shop knowing this bc its been there for two months and these guys obviously don't know what their doing and I need to take it elsewhere bc I start school here on Monday. well as it stands they gave me no paperwork or a warranty as promised went back in there gave them an email address to send me the info via email(receipts and what not) I asked him before I left originally and he said they didn't have the warranty's on the individual part bc I have one through the shop but I have, K&N Intake, HOOKER Headers, magneflow 40 dumped exhaust and highflow cats. when I parked it at my frie1nds house we check the fluids and the parts to see if they were what they were....it actually has K&N intake, Gibson headers(a set cheaper than the hookers I was charged for) and universal cats not the highflow cats....they ****ed me pretty bad. I start school tomorrow, 10k in the hole and now I have to find a performance shop else where and pay them a couple grand probably just to fix it......long story short...don't trust google reviews and don't go around trusting people....he told me before I left that the throttle position sensor is out. but idk what to believe it had very low oil and the oil filter btw was from my last engine and there was a brand new one in the bed of my truck when I got it...its embarrassing how screwed I got. but no worries its not over yet. bc I have one piece of proof they did this im working on getting them to email me some thing they don't understand incriminates them. they also a couple weeks ago made a fake google profile and the name was zack h and it gave them positive reviews... they used my likeness to rep them in a positive way!!! any ideas what to do?

Old 08-25-2013, 12:52 PM
abarmby
Champion

Walk away and don't spend any more time or effort either financially or emotionally.
Put it down to one of life's very bad lessons and cut it loose.
If you don't, it will eat away at you for years!
Try and find a good shop with your new found skills, that will warranty and itemise work from the get go
This unfortunate situation is like a poker lesson, learned at your expense.
Al

Old 08-26-2013, 08:52 AM
ewing111
Captain
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

that blows man, sorry you got screwed. It depends how much more you want to invest in these aholes. If you know a good lawyer you may want to have a chat with them to see what they think, a lot of times stuff like this is hard to get anything out of, the time money and effort to prosecute them isn't worth it, but a chat with a lawyer you trust may help you decide. Good luck either way. When you get your truck running, be sure to post some pics, sounds like you've got a nice setup.

Quick Reply: i need a master mechs help!