3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

i need a master mechs help!

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2013, 09:44 AM
Izero
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by zacharyhinna
ok guys...its bad....real bad....

ok so at this point it is parked at a friend who lives 4 miles from the shop. because for the last few weeks its been the same thing. a high idle issue and its dying.... you start it it will rev up to 1200rpms then go down to 800 and slowly drop to 500 then die...if you drive it and come to a stop light it will di if you let of the gas so you have to give it gas while braking....so that's ****. I took it from the shop knowing this bc its been there for two months and these guys obviously don't know what their doing and I need to take it elsewhere bc I start school here on Monday. well as it stands they gave me no paperwork or a warranty as promised went back in there gave them an email address to send me the info via email(receipts and what not) I asked him before I left originally and he said they didn't have the warranty's on the individual part bc I have one through the shop but I have, K&N Intake, HOOKER Headers, magneflow 40 dumped exhaust and highflow cats. when I parked it at my frie1nds house we check the fluids and the parts to see if they were what they were....it actually has K&N intake, Gibson headers(a set cheaper than the hookers I was charged for) and universal cats not the highflow cats....they ****ed me pretty bad. I start school tomorrow, 10k in the hole and now I have to find a performance shop else where and pay them a couple grand probably just to fix it......long story short...don't trust google reviews and don't go around trusting people....he told me before I left that the throttle position sensor is out. but idk what to believe it had very low oil and the oil filter btw was from my last engine and there was a brand new one in the bed of my truck when I got it...its embarrassing how screwed I got. but no worries its not over yet. bc I have one piece of proof they did this im working on getting them to email me some thing they don't understand incriminates them. they also a couple weeks ago made a fake google profile and the name was zack h and it gave them positive reviews... they used my likeness to rep them in a positive way!!! any ideas what to do?
Step 1: Document EVERYTHING that is On the Truck that has a line item on your receipt. (meaning take tons of pictures w/ a time-stamp, an iphone or other smart phone will do that automatically within the meta-data)

Step 2: Report them to the BBB send the BBB EVERYTHING you have on them.

Step 3: Report them to the ASE (https://www.ase.com/Home.aspx) - note this one might not get you anywhere if they are not an ASE certified shop

Step 4: If they are a AAA registered shop you should report them to AAA as well. AAA takes those kinds of things very seriously.

Step 5: Contact Local Law enforcement and show them all of your documentation (pictures) against your receipt and provide them with COPIES (DO NOT GIVE THEM ORIGINALS). The police will likely tell you that this is not a police matters, which will depend on what state you're in, as some local police officers do not get involved with consumer protection incidents. So your best bet may actually be to go to the local police dept of the town the shop is in and ask to speak with the detective on duty. Make sure you bring COPIES [not originals] of all of your pictures and receipts and everything else so you can ask the detective if he will investigate (or even make a police report) under your state's consumer protection laws.

Step 6: Contact a Consumer Affairs/Protection Lawyer and get a free consultation, and estimate for representation. In most states $10,000 is wayyyyyyy above the small claims court amount and if you can truly prove that the parts on the receipt do not match what was installed then you have a slam dunk case. But keep in mind that if the receipt says "headers" and a price then you do not exactly have a case, unless you have e-mails or written documentation from them stating what brand they were putting in.

It's really up to you how far you want to go into pursuing them for restitution, but if you have a good Lawyer you may be able to get triple damages to cover your troubles of getting to school as well as having to have your truck repaired somewhere else, and your lawyer fees might get covered (depends on the state).

Good Luck.

Old 08-26-2013, 11:45 AM
abarmby
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Izero
Step 1: Document EVERYTHING that is On the Truck that has a line item on your receipt. (meaning take tons of pictures w/ a time-stamp, an iphone or other smart phone will do that automatically within the meta-data)

Step 2: Report them to the BBB send the BBB EVERYTHING you have on them.

Step 3: Report them to the ASE (https://www.ase.com/Home.aspx) - note this one might not get you anywhere if they are not an ASE certified shop

Step 4: If they are a AAA registered shop you should report them to AAA as well. AAA takes those kinds of things very seriously.

Step 5: Contact Local Law enforcement and show them all of your documentation (pictures) against your receipt and provide them with COPIES (DO NOT GIVE THEM ORIGINALS). The police will likely tell you that this is not a police matters, which will depend on what state you're in, as some local police officers do not get involved with consumer protection incidents. So your best bet may actually be to go to the local police dept of the town the shop is in and ask to speak with the detective on duty. Make sure you bring COPIES [not originals] of all of your pictures and receipts and everything else so you can ask the detective if he will investigate (or even make a police report) under your state's consumer protection laws.

Step 6: Contact a Consumer Affairs/Protection Lawyer and get a free consultation, and estimate for representation. In most states $10,000 is wayyyyyyy above the small claims court amount and if you can truly prove that the parts on the receipt do not match what was installed then you have a slam dunk case. But keep in mind that if the receipt says "headers" and a price then you do not exactly have a case, unless you have e-mails or written documentation from them stating what brand they were putting in.

It's really up to you how far you want to go into pursuing them for restitution, but if you have a good Lawyer you may be able to get triple damages to cover your troubles of getting to school as well as having to have your truck repaired somewhere else, and your lawyer fees might get covered (depends on the state).

Good Luck.
With the greatest respect to Izero.......now you can see what I mean about possibly cutting all this loose.
What Izero has suggested, is all correct and very good stuff. But.....it's probably just the tip of the iceberg, in opening this can of worms up.
It just depends on how far you really wish to go??
If you take this on, be prepared for many sleepless nights and stress and the implications on your health and studies.
All I ask is that you weigh all this up very carefully, as it will get much worse before it gets better.
Al.

Old 08-26-2013, 01:30 PM
Izero
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by abarmby
With the greatest respect to Izero.......now you can see what I mean about possibly cutting all this loose.
What Izero has suggested, is all correct and very good stuff. But.....it's probably just the tip of the iceberg, in opening this can of worms up.
It just depends on how far you really wish to go??
If you take this on, be prepared for many sleepless nights and stress and the implications on your health and studies.
All I ask is that you weigh all this up very carefully, as it will get much worse before it gets better.
Al.
That's exactly what I said.

The Legal process will take a considerable amount of time and money... which is why I suggest a consultation with a Lawyer, as they will tell you EXACTLY what your best option is and how much it MIGHT cost you... Civil Lawsuits get messy and expensive very fast...

Old 08-26-2013, 05:12 PM
SteveR
Captain

Going into the shop when it is full of customers to have a chat would be interesting. I don't recommend trying to start anything but calmly going over the facts with the owner in front of an audience may get results...or start a brawl. It would also prep the other people for the upcoming battles they may be getting into.
Steve

Old 08-28-2013, 06:26 AM
abarmby
Champion

O/P
Post up what you finally decide to do.
Al.

Old 08-28-2013, 05:21 PM
zacharyhinna
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is all very very awesome information and very helpful. at this point ive called a trusted performance shop( due to the fact is supposedly has a mild comp cam) and they said my best bet was going to Advanced racing and dynamics because my truck should have been tuned properly from the get go which it wasnt, the vacuum hoses dont seem to be connected and the engine dip stick was not even connected! so he said take it to them and my best bet would be to let them pull the engine and brake it down to see if there was a mild cam put in and install it and everything properly then have them be able to take my invoice from this shop i went to and have them point out what the other shop did and what i was charged for and didnt get and have them be able to tell me what they did not complete.
unfortunatly i do not have the funds nor the time to take this to court . so what ive been advised by book keepers for some companies i know say to let the shop know im back charging the only 2k i paid with my card and that im taking it back because the job wasnt complete and if he trys to argue it ill inform him that, the engine dip stick was not even installed it was just jimmied behind the engine, the oil filter is the one from my old engine (they beat it to hell while it was on) multiple vacuum hoses behind my engine are not even connected. im using the 2k to pay my moms bf back and when my GI Bill money comes in im going to go by a harley to ride until i can get my DEAD SE%$ DODGE BACK ON THE ROAD

Quick Reply: i need a master mechs help!