3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

ABS Control Modual

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2013, 06:08 PM
rwaltemate
Amateur
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default ABS Control Modual

I have a 2008 Dodge Ram 2500 HD with the 5.7L gas engine.

I have had an ABS light on for a while but recently have had another issue. My speedometer quit working.

I pulled the plug on top of the ABS ECU (located on the Driver front) and found that three of the pins had corroded off. I have one on order, but it will be a few days until it gets here (from the dealer).

I have also replaced the sensor on the rear end prior to finding the corroded plug.

It seams that it has been messing up other things to, for I get other codes out of my crap code reader. U1412 is the most common, and I think it is the one for unrealistic speed.

Anyone else have to replace the ABS control module and had the same problems.

I wire diagram with what prongs run what would be nice to have. Three of the prongs are corroded off. I tried to replace them the sharp end of a straight pin shoved into the plug such that about 1/16 inch stuck out of it in the hopes it would connect to the busted off pin. No such luck I guess.

I have an Android phone so I have been using the GPS in the phone to get my speed for now.

Old 10-16-2013, 11:57 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 96 Likes on 81 Posts

U1412 is a code for implausible vehicle speed signal received. No I haven't had to replace a module yet. I did how ever had to repair the wires going to the rear differential.

Old 11-09-2013, 09:27 PM
rwaltemate
Amateur
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I replaced the $160 ECM module for the ABS (sits on the top of the proportioning block for the breaks on the driver side); every thing is working again, though I had to drive it a little bit to get the speedo to work again. I still have the ABS light on; bet I have to take it to the dealer to have it cleared.

Old 11-10-2013, 11:59 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 96 Likes on 81 Posts

The ABS module does need a scanner to clear codes.

Quick Reply: ABS Control Modual