3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Recall

Old 01-27-2014, 09:16 PM
SupraRam
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SupraRam
Well Dodge called this AM and the parts haven't showed up yet. So they had to re-schedule. I will let you all know once it happens.

Wish this nightmare would be over.....

Trey
I don't know if anyone has taken their 2500,3500 in for this recall yet but mine goes in finally in the AM. I will keep everyone posted on the results but I am not holding my breath.

Sounds like they will replace one tie rod but since the previous recall, now all my tie rods and ball joints are shot. I am sure it has been partially caused by the fault tie rod to begin with.

Old 01-27-2014, 11:57 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

At this current time, the dealer can only order one N62 recall parts a week. I know its B/S. But that is what Chrysler is telling the dealer. We have a waiting list that is 3 months long, just for the N62 recall.

Old 01-28-2014, 01:06 PM
SupraRam
Amateur

Well, complete waste of time. My truck doesn't have the bad parts for this recall but I need to replace drag link, both tie rod ends, pitman arm and steering dampener. $750 bucks......

Sometimes I wonder why I don't just go back to the 1/2 ton trucks.......

Old 01-28-2014, 02:01 PM
cyclone429
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I called it like it is...its a ploy for a dealer to generate work orders..on parts that are shot and not coverd by chrysler...after market is the only way to go...original T style drag links that were not replaced are not part of the recall

Solid alxes on stock dodge HD trucks are garbage..unless you rebuild them with non chrysler, mopar parts..

Old 02-09-2014, 04:14 PM
SupraRam
Amateur

Update. Screw Dodge. I don't trust my local dealer, so I went to a local shop of a guy I know. All he does is Alignments and Brakes. So he knows suspensions and he has done many Dodge Ram Death Wobble issues.

All new Wheel Bearings, Tie rods, Ends, U Bolts, and a few other items are getting replaced. Moog Parts and Lifetime Warranty on components. $1500 w/alignment.

Like I said the recall was a joke. They also said my Pitman Arm was shot.... but its perfectly fine. Like the last poster said.... beware.... its a ploy to get you in there. 40K on my truck and my entire front end was shot...... why it didn't make the recall is beyond me

Old 02-10-2014, 08:59 AM
ksszabo

Originally Posted by cyclone429
I called it like it is...its a ploy for a dealer to generate work orders..on parts that are shot and not coverd by chrysler...after market is the only way to go...original T style drag links that were not replaced are not part of the recall

Solid alxes on stock dodge HD trucks are garbage..unless you rebuild them with non chrysler, mopar parts..
I agree with your dealer ploy statement, I am not even going to waste my time taking it in to the dealer as he is 50 miles away, and my 2004 3500 only has 86K miles on it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Recall