3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Water pump leak?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2014, 10:20 AM
palletman
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Water pump leak?

Here is my question? My 02' 1500 5.9 is throwing a malfunctioning thermostat code. But this would be the 3rd one that I have gone through this year. On Jan 1st I replaced the water pump, top and bottom rad hoses, thermostat/seal. Once I had replaced all of those parts my 1st check engine light came off and stayed off until the past week when it came back on saying bad stat again. I have also noticed that it leaks a lot fluid right after I shut it off but it does not always do this. The leak seems to be coming from around the water pump on the right side facing the truck. I does not seem to be the pump to be, seeing that all around it is dry expect off to the side.

Old 02-06-2014, 02:40 PM
Busdriver9
Professional

Would that be in the area if the thermostat? I am not familiar with your year, as I have an 07 but maybe you don't have the thermostat housing on correctly or a bolt may be cross threaded! Just a shot in the dark though!

Old 02-06-2014, 03:37 PM
palletman

Thanks, that is what I am doing now. I'am digging into it. I know that the thermostat is on correct. My only thoughts were that maybe I happen to cross thread a bolt..hope not.

Quick Reply: Water pump leak?