3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Can anyone help diagnose my problem?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2014, 11:21 AM
McCaigBro
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can anyone help diagnose my problem?

Hey everyone, new to the site.

I'm coming here hoping to find someone who can help me diagnose what might be wrong with my truck. Last weekend while I was driving downtown in the city I'm from, I started hearing kind of a clicking noise every time I accelerated. Since then, it hasn't gotten worse but I have definitely started noticing it every day when I drive to work. It only seems to make the noise when I accelerate slowly and don't gas it quick. When I coast or am idling the clicking sound goes away. I've heard it maybe an exhaust gasket, my engine fan or even my spark plugs. I'm totally lost on what it could be. I plan on taking it in tomorrow for an oil change and to see what the deal is, but I don't want to go in blind and get totally robbed by a mechanic. I recently within the last year and haven't found one I trust yet.

Thanks for the help

Old 02-06-2014, 12:02 PM
Mr.Batman77

does it make the noise while your stopped or just accelerating? Also it could be a lifter, I'd check the oil and belt as well.

Old 02-06-2014, 12:18 PM
McCaigBro

Originally Posted by Mr.Batman77
does it make the noise while your stopped or just accelerating? Also it could be a lifter, I'd check the oil and belt as well.
It doesn't make the noise if I'm in parked or idling. Just when my foot touches the accelerator.

Old 02-06-2014, 12:19 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Engine size and such would be helpful. It could be an exhaust leak at the head, a loose spark plug or even a U-Joint.

Old 02-06-2014, 12:22 PM
McCaigBro

Originally Posted by lxman1
Engine size and such would be helpful. It could be an exhaust leak at the head, a loose spark plug or even a U-Joint.
Sorry, just updated that in my profile info. It's an 05, 5.7.

Quick Reply: Can anyone help diagnose my problem?