3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

recirc door aftermarket part

Old 02-07-2014, 07:31 AM
fj5gtx
Record Breaker
Received 101 Likes on 94 Posts
Default recirc door aftermarket part

Have the broken recirc door issue... I found that Dorman is making that door (and the blend as well). It is part number 902-325.

Arrived in the mail last night from RockAuto... I might work on getting it in there today.

http://users.zoominternet.net/~pbaker/truck/doors.jpg

Old 02-07-2014, 10:26 AM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Nice find. Beats the ridiculous amount Heater treater wants!

Old 02-07-2014, 02:51 PM
66three83
Captain
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I agree with you Dirtydog. I send people to that site for diagnosing which door is the issue. They charge way too much for the product. But, they do give good insight into the operation of all the HVAC doors. I wouldn't buy from them either.

Old 02-07-2014, 04:02 PM
Daves69
Veteran
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by fj5gtx
Have the broken recirc door issue... I found that Dorman is making that door (and the blend as well). It is part number 902-325.

Arrived in the mail last night from RockAuto... I might work on getting it in there today.

http://users.zoominternet.net/~pbaker/truck/doors.jpg

http://www.dormanproducts.com/gsearc...&q=blend+doors

Old 02-07-2014, 04:26 PM
Gary-L
Legend

Thanks for that info. What are the symptoms that the door is broken or malfunctioning?

I've seen numerous threads here that discuss repair, but I don't believe I've read anything that indicates what the symptoms are.

Old 02-07-2014, 06:08 PM
fj5gtx
Record Breaker
Received 101 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by Gary-L
Thanks for that info. What are the symptoms that the door is broken or malfunctioning?

I've seen numerous threads here that discuss repair, but I don't believe I've read anything that indicates what the symptoms are.
The door dropped down over my blower, didn't have much flow.

If you go to this site, it'll walk through some symptoms:

http://heatertreater.net/Ram%2002-08%20Listing.html

Old 05-28-2017, 04:33 PM
scottcolbath
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm losing my mind trying to get this door in. Due to the hinge pin being part of the Dorman door, the length seems to be too much to install as described in the instructions. I can get the door in the housing area a number of ways (I even removed the blower motor to try that), but I just can't get the door positioned so I can reattach the motor. It is like the damn thing is just 1/2 inch too wide and won't allow me to rotate it into position.

Trying to go straight in as shown in the directions is not happening.

So, my truck is sticking half way out of the garage with the dash apart while I try to sort this mess out.

S.C.

Old 05-28-2017, 05:41 PM
bdhuntr
Veteran

Please let us know how that works and the degree of difficulty. Mine broke years ago. Takes a long time to cool off in the summer.

Old 05-28-2017, 07:04 PM
scottcolbath
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bdhuntr
Please let us know how that works and the degree of difficulty. Mine broke years ago. Takes a long time to cool off in the summer.

OK, I'm an idiot. I made the bad assumption that the hinge pin on the Dorman replacement door was glued in, or some such thing. I though this because I could not remove it without a great amount of force. It's shipped with the pin pressed on to the door. You have to remove it before installing the door (of course). But I was at a point where I felt I was going to break the pin or the door if I tried any harder to get that pin out. So, I made the stupid assumption that it must belong there permanently. This is clearly not the case, as the hinge pin must mate with the motor, and the motor is outside the air box. The new pin is pretty much exactly the same as the original, and I removed the original from the outside of the air box. This ain't rocket science, but the difficulty I experienced caused me to start thinking the wrong way, and I went down an erroneous rat hole for a little while.

Finally, I said f*ck it and really yanked at that pin on the new door, and it came out. Nothing broke. I put the door up in there, and the pin went in rather easily. I just plugged everything back in and tested it, and it is working as it should. Now I have to put all the dash back together.

Having done this now, I can say I could do it again in under an hour. But first time effort means I progressed cautiously, as to not break any plastic and to also very carefully check to see what was screwed/pressed into what. Broken tabs on the dash mean possible rattles when it's all back together, and I don't want any of that.

I'm going to take my time putting the dash panels back on. It will probably take me an hour, but I am in no hurry now. I know the part is correctly installed and working, and the only other thing I have to do is grab some BBQ for dinner later.

So, for $30, the Dorman is a fine replacement which I expect will last a good, long time.

S.C.

Old 05-28-2017, 07:27 PM
bdhuntr
Veteran

Sounds good. I may try it!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: recirc door aftermarket part