3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Good blend doors and motors but AC still hot on driver side

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2014, 11:19 PM
Landon0426
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Good blend doors and motors but AC still hot on driver side

So I have pulled my dash board and checked all blend doors and motors that run the blend doors and everything is good. No leaks in system but the driver side of the AC is not working. The passenger is working great and everything blows cold everywhere else. Just driver side is bad. It blows just fine just not cold. Heater works just fine on all vents. Do you think a flush of the system would be a good idea and fix everything?? IDEAS????

Old 05-26-2014, 06:30 AM
Davedacarpainter
Rookie

Do you have dual climate control? You say you have heat on both sides, but I still need to ask, does the air get cold in the recirculating mode?

Old 05-26-2014, 09:25 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Did you watch and make sure each door moved as it should?

Old 05-27-2014, 11:56 PM
Landon0426

Yes the heater does blow out of all vents. And no I don't have a dual zone control system. The air doesn't get cold on recirculate. I always have it on there and it doesn't work. I did make sure all door motors were working. I removed all the motors and tested them on and off the doers themselves. Any more ideas. Thanks for the help.

Old 05-28-2014, 08:06 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

I understand the motors tested good but did you watch all the doors move when changing different selections?

The doors controls flow. That's the only thing that control flow. One of your doors isn't moving as/when it should

Quick Reply: Good blend doors and motors but AC still hot on driver side