3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Replacement Infiniti Speaker

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2014, 10:58 AM
Packy37
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replacement Infiniti Speaker

I have an 06 Dodge Ram 1500 Big Horn and the speaker in the front driver's side door isn't working. Now how or where could I order a new one? Idk the size or anything of them. I can prob order a new one off Ebay if I knew the size or name to search for one. Can anyone help me out?!

Old 05-29-2014, 11:34 AM
Izero
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well you can go to the dealer for one if you want the same exact speaker....

Or you can go to www.crutchfield.com and put in your truck's info and get the door speaker sizes.

I'm going to bet they are 6"x9" ...

From Experience I would suggest that you replace both front door speakers and not just the one that is broken, if you are going to buy aftermarket speakers (not OEM).

My personal suggestion and what I've recommended to customers is that you stick with a 6"x9" Infinity Kappa Series Speaker.... like this:

http://infinitysystems.com/product-d...pa-6829cf.html

I'd suggest a two way b/c you have the small 3.5" speakers in the dash that output most the high's so the two-ways will round the sound out a little better.

They are a little pricey, but they work very well with the OEM Amplifier and sound very nice.

Old 05-29-2014, 02:02 PM
Arctodus
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Infinity makes a nice speaker but the Infinity's that come with our trucks are complete garbage. I took all 7 of mine out (which are made of cheap paper) and replaced them with after market ones, replaced the head unit and OMG what a huge difference.

Old 05-29-2014, 02:14 PM
Blacksport
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Also keep in mind that the infinity speakers run at 2 ohm's, not the more popular 4. If you put 4 ohm speakers in, it will sound like garbage.

Old 05-29-2014, 02:44 PM
Izero
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Blacksport
Also keep in mind that the infinity speakers run at 2 ohm's, not the more popular 4. If you put 4 ohm speakers in, it will sound like garbage.
[edit]

The OEM Speakers run at 8Ohms and the amplifier actually separates the sound and puts mids and bass to the doors and highs to the dash... so you've got options... lots of options.

Last edited by Izero; 05-29-2014 at 03:40 PM.

Quick Reply: Replacement Infiniti Speaker