3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Stalled, no start

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2015, 08:49 PM
CalDodge
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stalled, no start

I was sitting idle and a stop light and my truck(07 1500 Hemi) stalled. Tried to start it back up but it just turns over. First thought that it wasn't getting fuel. No codes. Fuel pump was replaced less than a year ago. I turned the key on and off and I still hear the fuel pump. Disconnected the battery for a few minutes and tried again but nothing.

I gave up and had it towed. After drop off I tried again and it fired right up but no throttle. I backed it up into the garage in idle. After that it started throwing codes and started flashings the ETC light.

P0642 - Sensor Reference Voltage 1 Circuit Low
P2111 - Electronic Throttle Control Unable To Close
P2122 - Throttle/Pedal Pos Sens F Minimum Stop Perf
P2138 - Throttle/Pedal Pos Sens/Switch F Circ Hi Input

I tried to start it again the next morning but it wouldn't start again.

Any help?! What would be the first to test?

Old 02-09-2015, 07:14 PM
areinike
Veteran

I'm not a Hemi owner, but have a question, are these drive by wire? Meaning, is there no direct cable to the throttle body? I ask because I have a Benz with this issue and the codes you're seeing out of your Ram are eerily similar to the codes I'm getting out of my Benz! lol

Old 02-09-2015, 07:15 PM
areinike
Veteran

Oh, with that said, I'd always start out with checking your fuses. Especially if there are multiple ECMs.

Old 02-10-2015, 04:20 PM
CalDodge

I think the wiring goes from the Throttle body to the APPS, or the ECM. I'm not 100% sure which one because the wires are all wrapped up.

I got it running though. I cleaned the throttle body real good and recalibrated. After a couple of ECM resets I noticed I started throwing P0335 - Crankshaft Position Sensor. I checked the sensor connection and it was loose with condensation build up from the rain. I blew it out with compressed air and reconnected it, hooked up the battery and now everything seems to be working. No codes, but it's still pretty suspect.

Old 02-10-2015, 06:56 PM
p38251
Record Breaker

Put die electric grease on those connections that can get wet.

Old 02-10-2015, 09:54 PM
areinike
Veteran

Originally Posted by CalDodge
I think the wiring goes from the Throttle body to the APPS, or the ECM. I'm not 100% sure which one because the wires are all wrapped up.

I got it running though. I cleaned the throttle body real good and recalibrated. After a couple of ECM resets I noticed I started throwing P0335 - Crankshaft Position Sensor. I checked the sensor connection and it was loose with condensation build up from the rain. I blew it out with compressed air and reconnected it, hooked up the battery and now everything seems to be working. No codes, but it's still pretty suspect.
CPS would definitely do it. That was one of the issues on the Benz. Glad you got it going, great job!

Old 01-24-2020, 01:58 AM
bestchance

areinike, yes the 2007 I'm working on is drive by wire. No cable just I electrical plug

Old 01-24-2020, 06:55 PM
Alex Medeiros
Captain
Received 56 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by areinike
CPS would definitely do it. That was one of the issues on the Benz. Glad you got it going, great job!
It's almost a 5 year old thread...

Quick Reply: Stalled, no start