3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Found my stolen truck in Detroit

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2005, 02:05 PM
RTExpress
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Found my stolen truck in Detroit

Sorry to hear about your loss and the ebay dude does sound fishy. On the subject of stolen vehicles I have a sad story that happened in my area just last week. I know a guy who is a farmer and runs a large chicken/egg operation not to far form town he has or had and 1974 Challenger Rally 318 auto, w/AC that he had bought new back in 74. I'd tried to buy it from him on several occations but he wouldn't ever let it go, he wanted to keep it for his son. Anyway he kept it out in a quonset about 1/2 off the highway stored behind his big equipment, last week they needed to do some kind of work inside the buiding so he parked the car out side on the east side back were he thought it was out of sight. That night around 1:30 he had an alarm go off in the chicken house that a fan had failed so he had to get up and go out in fix it. The chicken house is only about 50' or so back from the county road that runs by his house so he's out working on the fan when he hears a vehicle coming down the road at a pretty good clip. He turns around and see a pickup go flying by his place with a flat bed car trailer with his car on it heading North! He ran inside and called the sheriff and was informed that they had a car north of him but the only problem was he was stuck in the snow with a flat tire! He was afraid that they might be armed so he didn't pursue them him self so the car's gone and to date no trace of it has been found so if any of you guys happend to run across a gold 74 challenger rally someone is trying to sell with out a title cheap let me know. Needless to say the guy is sick but we get that crap going on out here in rural Nebraska to, I know I would have been on there tail in a minute and trailed them feeding the police their every move.

Old 12-12-2005, 02:57 PM
motorhead426
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Found my stolen truck in Detroit

Sorry for the loss. I sent that ebay guy a lil email saying that he sounds a little fishy about how he has sold so many, and how does he get them... We'll see if he emails back, and what excuse he has. I would bet money that the rims he sold were stolen..... from someones truck. All I can say, is get some wheel locks. I just hope that if it happened to me, that they would burn the truck, that way the insurance company would give me a new one, not repair it. Good luck with the reapirs.

Quick Reply: Found my stolen truck in Detroit