3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

No PRND12 indicator and no crank, no start.

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2016, 01:36 AM
Friar Tuck
Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks, BigHorn70. I found a link to it today on the Dakota forum.

Old 05-18-2016, 05:46 PM
Friar Tuck
Captain
Lightbulb Link to Service Manual

Here's one link: http://www.4shared.com/file/qczWe-8B...ce_Manual.html

Old 05-19-2016, 02:16 AM
Friar Tuck
Captain
Question Progress?

Were you able to download the manual from the link I posted?

Will it still not allow you to get the DTC codes?

Have you tried connecting a scanner? Codes would help save time getting it fixed.

Was it the TIPM that was replaced 3 times? If it's been monkeyed with, disconnect the battery negative cable and reseat all the cables underneath the TIPM, checking for bent pins or broken wires.

When was the last time it started and ran?

The ASD Relay is switched on the first 2 seconds that the Ignition Switch is turned to RUN. If it is turned to Start, and the motor cranks, and the PCM gets good inputs from the cam and crank sensors, then the PCM will keep the ASD relay on. It, in turn, will provide 12 volts to the ignition coil (or coils), the fuel injectors, the O2 sensors, the PCM, and I think on this truck, the radiator fan solenoid.

And they all live happily everafter!

Last edited by Friar Tuck; 05-19-2016 at 02:25 AM.
Old 01-30-2018, 03:39 AM
US Cars Import und Handels UG
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No power on starter and no indicator

Originally Posted by Friar Tuck
I think I have reached my limit without the specific manual for your truck. Maybe someone else will come in and help you. I will continue to watch and try to get the manual.
Its the wire between the fuse Box C1 Conektor and the PCM C1 Conektor, there is a C130 Connektor close to the PCM C1 Conektor
Make sure the red wire have contakt from Fuse Box C1 to the C130 and the same between the C130 and the C1 from the C1 on the PCM
Here is a Video on Youtube:
Kind Regards from Germany

Old 09-26-2019, 12:02 PM
Milto

Originally Posted by RamCan
I have a 2005 Dodge Ram Hemi Automatic that was working and has already had a replacement fuse panel put in again (for the third time). There is no square box on the shift indicator and when you turn the key on, the lights on the dash do all come on and the security light comes on, goes off momentarily and then comes back on. Needless to say there is no attempt to prime the fuel pump or turn the engine over. I jumped the solenoid last night and the starter motor would turn over, but of course would not run. I don't know where the switch is that drives the PRND12 indicator, but maybe that's my solution?

Any ideas or help would be appreciated. I would think this is a common problem.

This old dog of truck has about 900+K on it and runs mint without any oil use when it's running.
I have been having a similar problem, however with a 2008 Ram 2500
Last night when going to park I noticed that all PRND12 were selected. I was in a rush and so turned the truck off. This morning there is no PRND12 showing at all and the truck wont start. I can shift the gear selector, but the brake peddle is also depressed.

Battery is new and connections are clean

History: Last week I drove over a stick that jammed up in the gear selector cable as it goes into the transmission. It stretched the cable and knocked the control going into the transmission off as well. When this happened all PRND12 was highlighted and I was not able to start the truck. This was all fixed/replaced and it was driving fine until now.

Old 09-26-2019, 11:50 PM
BigHorn70
Rookie
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Issue resolved for me, PRND12

[QUOTE=Milto;3454435]I have been having a similar problem, however with a 2008 Ram 2500
Last night when going to park I noticed that all PRND12 were selected. I was in a rush and so turned the truck off. This morning there is no PRND12 showing at all and the truck wont start. I can shift the gear selector, but the brake peddle is also depressed.

Battery is new and connections are clean

Hello guys,
its simple and this issue can be resolved in minute.
I got a similiar problem on my 2005 ram. There is several ground on your truck. Just check the engine ground and it will be done. Rust can limited the current if ground is not good. Tell me if its resolved...

the guys from Belgium Ed

The following users liked this post:
Matt Wheble (04-22-2020)
Old 04-21-2020, 11:22 AM
Shelly Ross Labelle
Default Resolved?

I know this is a pretty old thread, but wondering if RAMCAN ever found a solution. My truck is doing the EXACT same thing.

Originally Posted by RamCan
I found that the ASD relay does not operate when the ignition is turned on. I tried jumpering the connection that the relay would normally make and when I did, the electronic throttle made a noise, the fuel pump was running andthe ParkND21 indicator box would light up on the shifter column. The engine would then turn over no problem, but will not fire or run. Seem to be a little closer to finding the problem, but not sure where to go from here? The ASD relay has power but does not operate as there is no ground? I was going to run a separate ground from the relay to energize it, but a friend said they switch the ground to control the relay not the power so I haven't gone ahead with that. I thought maybe the fuse panel was lacking a ground for that relay?

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Old 04-22-2020, 10:45 PM
Matt Wheble

Yes please any resolution same issue on my 04 ram

Old 04-26-2020, 01:34 AM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 96 Likes on 81 Posts

I don't know if they found the problem. But I would start by looking at the wires going to the ignition switch.

Old 04-26-2020, 12:53 PM
Jim Jo

Originally Posted by master tech
I don't know if they found the problem. But I would start by looking at the wires going to the ignition switch.
sorry got logged out of the other account so I have the colum and dash kick panel out all the wiring looks good and is receiving power where should be

Quick Reply: No PRND12 indicator and no crank, no start.