3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Buying an '05 Power Wagon - anything to watch for?

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2005, 10:58 PM
Raven87
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buying an '05 Power Wagon - anything to watch for?

I've had a number of Dodges over the years, the most recent one being an '03 Hemi 2500 4x4 QC in Flame Red. Great trucks - especially the Cummins '03 I had as well.

Today, I bought a nearly new '05 Power Wagon in Flame Red, Quad Cab with cloth interior, 5 spd auto, rock-rails, etc and it has 6600 miles on it. The truck is an animal, especially in the snow. I reallylike how it sits up and the look of it as a total package and especially the Off-road equipment. But the best part of all is that I'm buying it for only $24,900 plus tax/title. The original MSRP was over $41k!

Is there anything I need to watch for or should check out on the truck before I accept delivery Monday? The truck is flawless and has a clean carfax so I'm not worried in that respect.

I'll post some pics as soon as I can. Man, it's gonna be a long weekend...

Old 12-10-2005, 11:35 PM
osteodoc08
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Buying an '05 Power Wagon - anything to watch for?

The only thing I can really think of is the updated weatherstrips for the front doors. The old style likes to get tears in them, most don't notice and I bet DC would like to keep it that way.

They do have a new and improved strip design, however, I'm not sure how robust it is at keeping the tearing to a minimum.

Old 12-11-2005, 07:27 PM
Gone Fishin
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Buying an '05 Power Wagon - anything to watch for?

Yup, what Doc said, plus make sure you keep the cvc front joint greased, as well as the tie rod ends. You will need a grease needle for the CVC. You will see a sticker saying to grease it every 5k miles, when you change oil. I had much trouble finding it at first, then one of the guys here posted some pics of what to look for and where. A floor jack helps too, to rotate the front drive line to a place you can see the zerk.

Quick Reply: Buying an '05 Power Wagon - anything to watch for?