3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

towing package????

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2005, 01:24 AM
HemiBuell
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: towing package????

Would it be easier to find a truck with the hitch you want in a parking lot or dealership and just take a look at how it is mounted?

Old 12-15-2005, 02:12 AM
osteodoc08
Record Breaker

Yes, that is how it mounts. For the tube, you will insert the fish wire from the center bolt hole and push the "spring end" through the tube to the outside towards the wheel. From there you will slip on the backing plate and then thread the bolt onto the "spring". Don't worry, it won't fall off, but thread it as far as possible. Pull it back through and tighten up.

To get the plastic bumper piece up, heat it up so you don't crack it. Just use the hair dryer when the old lady aint looking. Look under the bumper and see the snaps that snap it into place, just push them up so the plastic piece is free. I just did the center step part. I had enough give and room to get my torque wrench in there.

I started with the top bumper bolts so that it held it in place when I fished the wire through. This kept me from having to hold it up while trying to fish the wire through. Got me?

When you do get another hitch, just let us know. They are rated at 500/5000 and 1200/12000 Weight distributed.

Old 12-15-2005, 01:42 PM
deezeldogg

thanks osteodoc, that was good info. i'll let you guys know how it goes when i get a new hitch ordered........and if i have problems, i'll be sure to ask!!......BILL

Quick Reply: towing package????