3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Intake cleaner.

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2019, 10:04 PM
Myram03
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Intake cleaner.

I need to know what the consensus is on intake cleaner.
Brake cleaner or intake manifold cleaner. I want to clean mine but all these issues in discussion are making me nervous.
Someone please enlighten
Secondly, this could take a bit, I recently had a0300 code so replaced plugs then running lean code, broken valve spring, then 0440 replaced emissions selenoid, came back same code, switched out, then 0441 changed that but still getting 0441.
Also replaced cap, all visual inspection are good but not the crankshaft breather hose, soaked and falling apart. Could this be the cause for the 0441. Going to replace after ordered from Dodge. FYI you can only get from dealer and specific to 03.
Is the hemi Magnum different than reg. Hemi. I'm noticing subtle differences but everyone says a hemi is a hemi?
Thanks for help 03 ram 5.7, hemi Magnum 4x4 quad

Old 10-17-2019, 10:26 PM
Magnoom
Record Breaker
Received 221 Likes on 201 Posts

I've never heard of intake manifold cleaner, unless you are referring to throttle body cleaner. I use (so do most people I know) use brake cleaner to clean the TB because it evaporates quickly and doesn't leave a residue.
Magnum was just a name applied to it, not sure why they ever did that since there was already an actual "Magnum" family of engines. Same engine. The 03 is an oddball, as it uses a different pedal setup, doesn't use EGR, uses a separate TCM, etc etc.
I hope you mean crankcase breather hose, as the crankshaft doesn't have a breather hose...? P0441 is the purge canister most times; do you top off your gas tank as full as you can on a regular basis?

Old 10-21-2019, 10:12 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

I agree with the brake parts cleaner. I use it for al kinds of stuff due to it does dry fast and leaves no residue. I use it on all of my throttle bodies.

Old 10-22-2019, 06:08 AM
rebeltaz83
Veteran
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Some brake parts cleaner react with plastic/abs parts, and kinda does what pb blaster does to a styrofoam cup. I might use something like maf sensor cleaner or something safe for the nylon intake housing. Could be an expensive learning lesson.

Quick Reply: Intake cleaner.