3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Arc wire no iod fuse

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2019, 01:24 PM
Zyphre
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ipm issues?

Long time lurker first time poster here. I've been ready to rip my hair out over this for a month or so. The guy I bought my 02 RAM 1500 from decided to play mad scientist with wires unfortunately. I got everything back together and patched and noticed when he added a musical horn he tapped power from the constant 12v on the radio when I took out a accidently dropped the hot wire on top of the factory radio and it arc'd. I checked all of the fuses after I put it back together and checked every fuse in the box. Still no radio so I figured ok I can live without the radio no big deal. Then I discovered no interior lights or door locks unless the key is on and no keyless unlock at all. So i learned all that is controlled by the iod fuse and when I went to check it the slot and little holder were empty. No iod fuse at all. I checked under the ipm for corroded wires that could have broke and they all look fine. I'm at a loss for WTH could've been wiped out with this. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Last edited by Zyphre; 12-19-2019 at 04:12 PM. Reason: Better title
Old 12-19-2019, 06:49 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,388 Likes on 3,128 Posts

Are there contacts in the slot for the IOD fuse? Are you sure its the correct slot??

Old 12-19-2019, 08:01 PM
Zyphre

Ya the contracts are there and fine. I checked them with a test light and it shows it's getting power. When I put a fuse in it is showing power on both sides. I'll have to double check the slot number in the am but it's on the right side of the fuse box and it's the only one that has a sled for the fuse.

Old 12-19-2019, 08:06 PM
Zyphre

The picture is from another post but I put the square around the fuse that is the iod

Old 12-19-2019, 09:03 PM
HeyYou
Administrator

Hhmmm, on the second gen trucks, the IOD fuse is in the fuse block inside the truck.... not in the power center..... Did it move for the newer trucks?

Old 12-19-2019, 09:13 PM
Zyphre

There is no fuse box on the inside at all..... Tbh it's the dumbest design I've ever seen lol

Old 12-19-2019, 10:16 PM
HeyYou
Administrator

Originally Posted by Zyphre
There is no fuse box on the inside at all..... Tbh it's the dumbest design I've ever seen lol
Packaging considerations no doubt.

Old 12-20-2019, 01:39 PM
72rtchallenger
Professional
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

You could try an unhook battery to reset everything , I have read a post somewhere that solved a similar problem as yours , other than that I think it would be the iod fuse

Old 12-20-2019, 03:42 PM
Zyphre

Originally Posted by 72rtchallenger
You could try an unhook battery to reset everything , I have read a post somewhere that solved a similar problem as yours , other than that I think it would be the iod fuse
I'm going to try that now I replaced the iod fuse a twice just to be sure

Old 12-21-2019, 10:35 AM
Zyphre

Left the battery unhooked all night with the battery leads zip tied together no change and fine checked the iod fuse again with it in both sides of the fuse are powered

Quick Reply: Arc wire no iod fuse