3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Can feel everything the same in my steering whel and brake and gas pedal

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2019, 09:30 PM
72rtchallenger
Professional
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

With dash being out several times and not doing it yourself its hard to say , ,,Perhaps get up close to pedals and keep a hand up on wheel an tap it and see if you can locate movement of some sort,,try google a diagram and see if there should be some type of bushing between the mounting bolts on column ,,could be easily left off after being removed a few times ,,need to get in floor and get up close an personal an see if you can see or feel movement ,with tapping the wheel ,, and as much as you don't want to go back , it might be in best interest to go back and show them while there sitting in truck what your talking about , make them stand behind the work

Old 03-08-2020, 09:12 PM
armophob
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Found it. The dealer mechanics forgot to replace the bolts under the steering column.

Old 03-09-2020, 11:44 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,390 Likes on 3,130 Posts

Originally Posted by armophob
Found it. The dealer mechanics forgot to replace the bolts under the steering column.
Well then, that would certainly do it.

Old 03-09-2020, 09:20 PM
fj5gtx
Record Breaker
Received 103 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by armophob
One of the things I always do, is look over what is going to be "repaired" by the dealer - then when they return the vehicle - I go find all the fasteners they didn't reinstall. I don't think there was a time that it didn't go back in for more fasteners. Anything to save a couple minutes.

Old 03-10-2020, 02:20 AM
armophob
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fj5gtx
One of the things I always do, is look over what is going to be "repaired" by the dealer - then when they return the vehicle - I go find all the fasteners they didn't reinstall. I don't think there was a time that it didn't go back in for more fasteners. Anything to save a couple minutes.
It took me a lot of youtube videos to find the bolts. They are under the steering column mounting plate and I had to take the dash trim off and drop the steering column to get to them. The dealer does not sell the bolts without the collar they bolt into. I found them online by size. All I have left is to replace all four vertical seat motors that they stripped the gears out on. All I can figure is when they killed my battery, it was when they left the dash sitting on the down levers of the seat motors. Might be how they blew both my headlight lamps as well.

Quick Reply: Can feel everything the same in my steering whel and brake and gas pedal