3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Do I need a new WIN Module?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2020, 09:55 AM
nembilongmiKelly
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do I need a new WIN Module?

Hi there everybody, new to the forum here. I have a 2007 Dodge Ram 1500 with a 3.7. Earlier this fall we were having issues with a misfire in the truck. It was overdue for spark plugs so we replaced all of those. Truck did not misfire again right away, but it did misfire again, probably within the first two weeks of changing plugs. We decided to park it until we had time to really dive into what was going on.

Now I tried to charge the battery up and it didn't want to take a charge, so I replaced the battery (Battery was cracked and leaking fluid). Key will turn on lights, radio, windshield wipers, etc. but will do nothing when turned to start position. Also, lights do not dim when I turn the key to start position. I took the starter off and cleaned the connections and also bench-tested it. Put the starter back on the vehicle and jumped the starter to try to at least get the engine to turn over. Engine would turn but not start.

It seems like I am being locked out...which is why I suspect the WIN sensor. Any ideas?

Quick Reply: Do I need a new WIN Module?