3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Pulling a trailer from Toronto to Vancouver

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2020, 03:46 PM
TMWC
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pulling a trailer from Toronto to Vancouver

Hey,

Im planning a move across Canada from Toronto to Vancouver this spring. Most of my things will be shipped with a moving company. I have two motorcycles though that I don't really trust the moving companies with and am thinking of renting a 6x12 cargo trailer from Uhaul and taking the bikes with me. Total weight of trailer and bikes would be approx. 2950lbs.
I have a 2008 1500 Quad cab 4x4 with a 5.7 hemi. Trucks in good shape and well looked after with 176,000km on it. My question is, would this be a hard trip on my truck with that amount of weight? Also, would my fuel mileage go through the roof while pulling that amount of weight? Just wondering if I should just bite the bullet and ship my bikes if its going to put to much wear and tear on my truck for its age.

Thanks a lot !

Last edited by TMWC; 01-23-2020 at 03:48 PM.
Old 01-23-2020, 04:29 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,269 Likes on 3,016 Posts

That much weight, your truck will barely even notice. It WILL affect your fuel economy to an extent. Probably not too bad though. Go with an enclosed trailer....... slightly better aerodynamics. If your truck has been well cared for, you should have no trouble hauling your bikes.

Quick Reply: Pulling a trailer from Toronto to Vancouver