3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Moisture issue

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2020, 05:24 PM
Spencer Krohn
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Moisture issue

I have an 03 Ram with the Hemi, and what I believe to be an AEM cold air intake. I'm having an issue with moisture getting into the intake, and PCV system. Anyone else experienced this problem? Truck runs fine otherwise, and no I'm not losing coolant anywhere, this is straight water.

Old 02-20-2020, 05:25 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,269 Likes on 3,016 Posts

How much water? Some condensation is pretty normal......

Old 02-20-2020, 05:35 PM
Spencer Krohn

Fairly decent amount, only happens on these really cold winter days we have here sometimes in MN. Freezes up my PCV valve solid, and I've found ice accumulating around the throttle body as well; so much one time, it built up a small ice dam on the intake side of the throttle body so the throttle plate couldn't move!

Old 02-21-2020, 08:30 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,269 Likes on 3,016 Posts

That's kinda bizarre...... Don't think I've heard of that one before...... Is any coolant routed thru the throttle body, to prevent that??

Old 02-21-2020, 05:45 PM
Spencer Krohn

Originally Posted by HeyYou
That's kinda bizarre...... Don't think I've heard of that one before...... Is any coolant routed thru the throttle body, to prevent that??
Nope, nothing. I took the liberty of insulating the intake tube, AND the 2+ feet of breather hose that goes from the intake tube to the oil filler. Guess we'll see if that helps keep it warmer/drier.

Old 02-24-2020, 09:40 AM
Whitetrash04derdge
Rookie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Spencer Krohn
Nope, nothing. I took the liberty of insulating the intake tube, AND the 2+ feet of breather hose that goes from the intake tube to the oil filler. Guess we'll see if that helps keep it warmer/drier.
2+ feet of breather hose! Doesn't that seem sort of long? Pull your oil cap and look at it and check for moisture in the cap I noticed my 04 Hemi had lots of moisture on top of the cap so I removed the tube from going back into the intake and put a little filter to catch some of the blowby. Did the insolation help any?

Quick Reply: Moisture issue