3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Ambient temperature sensor troubles.

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2020, 11:35 PM
LoneStarHemiLover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ambient temperature sensor troubles.

Hey again everybody I need guidance with a AAT sensor on my pickup, my 07 Ram 1500 has the overhead information console that tells fuel economy, compass, outside temp etc, anyway it's not telling me the correct temperature outside even after I replaced the sensor and it throws a code for it turning the CEL on every couple of days, the temperature display will fluctuate anywhere from 8 degrees to close to the actual temp. The clip doesn't click securely into place but it does fit tightly. What is the fix for this? I've checked the wires and there isn't a break or a bare spot as far as I could go in the harness so it has me stumped. What do you guys think is making it act up still? The connector? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Old 03-12-2020, 12:52 AM
LoneStarHemiLover

I forgot to mention that my truck has 161K miles on it hope this helps in trying to figure this out.

Old 03-12-2020, 07:04 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,390 Likes on 3,130 Posts

Bad connection or poor ground? Not sure just how that circuit is supposed to work.

The following users liked this post:
LoneStarHemiLover (03-13-2020)
Old 03-12-2020, 07:17 AM
LoneStarHemiLover

I thought about replacing the connector but not sure if that will do any good? I'm not sure how that system works either but it does cause the CEL to come on and it's gotten annoying seeing as how theasy temp. Display and compass are actually some of my favorite things about my truck so I sure would love it if somebody that's had this issue can tell me how to fix it. Thank you for your reply, hopefully we can get some info from others!

Last edited by LoneStarHemiLover; 03-13-2020 at 12:07 AM.

Quick Reply: Ambient temperature sensor troubles.