3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Need Help! No key FOB and in theft mode

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2020, 11:29 PM
Adrian Pacheco-Cervantes
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help! No key FOB and in theft mode

Hey there guys! I just bought a 2006 Dodge RAM 1500 from an auction. It does not have a key FOB just a grey key. the red dot keeps flashing on the dash when I try to start it. It doesn’t click but it does prep the gas pump. It also won’t allow a scan tool to read it. I’m stuck and need to get this running! Anything will help
I should mention that the driver side door seems to be broken because it won’t lock or unlock with the grey key.

Old 06-07-2020, 11:59 PM
fj5gtx
Record Breaker
Received 103 Likes on 95 Posts

Probably the dealer, maybe a locksmith can help you out.

Old 06-08-2020, 06:09 AM
ol' grouch
Champion
Received 593 Likes on 538 Posts

Originally Posted by Adrian Pacheco-Cervantes
Hey there guys! I just bought a 2006 Dodge RAM 1500 from an auction. It does not have a key FOB just a grey key. the red dot keeps flashing on the dash when I try to start it. It doesn’t click but it does prep the gas pump. It also won’t allow a scan tool to read it. I’m stuck and need to get this running! Anything will help
I should mention that the driver side door seems to be broken because it won’t lock or unlock with the grey key.

Why was it at an auction? Insurance theft recovery? Repossession? You may need to see the dealer to get it going. As for the door, if the key works in the other door, the linkage may be broken or disconnected inside. I'm thinking someone force entry into it and knocked one of the plastic clips off inside the door assembly. You can usually get replacement clips for the linkage. The computer though, that will be the dealer as it's meant to stop theft. My '03 didn't have a fob, just a key. However, more deluxe models may. The early 2000's it was hit or miss on fobs.

Quick Reply: Need Help! No key FOB and in theft mode