3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Ok, I really need exhaust help here (Headers & Stuff)

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2020, 11:12 AM
GRNDPNDR
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HeyYou
What seems to be the hold up?
I have no fking idea, since the stuff has pretty much been fixed I believe. I'm going to call them again today and try to get a better answer.
It's possible they're trying to pull some crap to take as long as possible so I don't like return the truck within the 30 day period or something.....but that may also be my paranoia and trust issues I have...

When I was there yesterday it looked like they had everything checked off on the list of what they wrote down was wrong (That I pointed out) so in my mind right now it just needs to be licensed.

I'm not sure what I should say when I call them because I don't want to sound rude or aggressive, and I don't want to be "that guy" calling everyday.

That being said, I'm funding the new truck upgrades by selling my old 2004 once I swap things over from one to the other. So I'm expecting I'll probably get at minimum $3000, so I'm going with a $3000 budget.
If the pace setters don't or can't fit then basically all of the money from the truck sale will be going to the exhaust I guess, because those ARH headers that DO fit are like $1,700 USD, so about $2300 CAD...
And then the custom work for the rest of the exhaust..... I can't even guess right now.

Last edited by GRNDPNDR; 06-11-2020 at 11:18 AM.
Old 06-11-2020, 05:25 PM
GRNDPNDR
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So I picked up the truck, and got to looking at it at the lot....and uhhhh..... I do not think these pace setters are going to fit..... After I chill for a bit and have a few drinks I'm going to go down and take a look at it side by side with my 1500 and see what's going on, make a small video, take comparison shots.

Quick Reply: Ok, I really need exhaust help here (Headers & Stuff)