3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Would anyone want a free set of ARH long tube headers?

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2020, 05:49 PM
GRNDPNDR
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 04 HEMI 04
I think factory cats are 400 cell, maybe more and the one on system is now 200 cell (very high flowing cats) so there are emission increased.

Yes, I am rocking stock exhaust. When you get on it, then you can hear more volume from engine. I might put in an high performance muffler (no drone but louder) to utilize the sounds better.

I had 150 a miles drive home. I will reset the PCM an see what happens. The check engine light actually came on while I was heading home.
Mine just sounds so damn restricted when I get on the gas,I have PaceSetter high flow universal cats on the way, hopefully I'll be able to have them fitted to my system, because I don't plan to use the ARH Y pipe. I want to go duals from the collector back.

Is there enough room under there to fit cats that aren't part of the ARH Y pipe right at the collector? I don't really like the placement of the stock cats on the 2500..... they're in such a weird place.

Old 07-13-2020, 09:45 PM
04 HEMI 04
Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by fj5gtx
Generally high flow cats meet or exceed OE standards, would expect it to not give you a problem. Interested in your CEL code, please let us know when you get a chance to scan it.
It was for both bank catalyst efficiency. I reset the PCM like an hour ago (adaptions) and will see if check engine light will come back on.

Old 07-14-2020, 08:17 AM
GRNDPNDR
Captain

It was for both bank catalyst efficiency. I reset the PCM like an hour ago (adaptions) and will see if check engine light will come back on.

That's what I'm getting currently.... I have exhaust leaks though, which is why I suspect that's happening..

little concerned about getting headers now though....

Old 07-14-2020, 03:35 PM
04 HEMI 04
Captain

Originally Posted by GRNDPNDR
That's what I'm getting currently.... I have exhaust leaks though, which is why I suspect that's happening..

little concerned about getting headers now though....
I wouldn't. If you have a tuner on your truck then you should able to trick PCM that theres cats in the system. I can always put o2 spacers on it to turn off the check engine light. By the way, the check engine light came back on today, probably for cat converters.

Old 07-14-2020, 06:40 PM
GRNDPNDR
Captain

I wouldn't. If you have a tuner on your truck then you should able to trick PCM that theres cats in the system. I can always put o2 spacers on it to turn off the check engine light. By the way, the check engine light came back on today, probably for cat converters.
I don't have a tuner currently, I was hoping to have the funds leftover to buy one but I'm apparently selling a ****box? so I'm going to be lucky to get enough to cover the headers.

I'll figure something out though, as I said before I probably won't be able to get the exhaust system done until September unfortunately, and it's only unfortunate because I'm getting like 9mpg right now with the exhaust leaks I have.

do you think there's room to fit 2.5" cats right off the collectors? I'm waiting on the PaceSetter 80-0016 converters, which won't be here until roughly the end of august, so I hope I don't have to return them, because I'm buying the ARH set without cats......or maybe I should just get the catted set and figure out how to go dual from there??
I really don't know which direction I want to go. We don't do e-testing here any more, but I don't want to go catless in case it ever becomes an issue somewhere.

Old 07-14-2020, 09:56 PM
fj5gtx
Record Breaker
Received 103 Likes on 95 Posts

Seems like a waste of $ to buy their y pipe if you don't intend to use it. In general $1900 is seems like alot to spend on headers. They are stainless, so they won't rust - but they may crack over time. I'd be tempted to get some repro exhaust manifolds and spend the rest elsewhere.... Its a 3/4 ton truck, and the as 04HEMI04 says, it is noticeable in the higher rpm range. How often you racing this 3/4 ton 4x4?

Old 07-24-2020, 02:55 PM
04 HEMI 04
Captain

Originally Posted by fj5gtx
Seems like a waste of $ to buy their y pipe if you don't intend to use it. In general $1900 is seems like alot to spend on headers. They are stainless, so they won't rust - but they may crack over time. I'd be tempted to get some repro exhaust manifolds and spend the rest elsewhere.... Its a 3/4 ton truck, and the as 04HEMI04 says, it is noticeable in the higher rpm range. How often you racing this 3/4 ton 4x4?
Who doesn't accelerate on ramp into highway? I am not going to be that guy who merges at 30 mph in 70 zone (traffic flow). Beside that, It feels great feeling that power but I find that it is useful power during towing.

Old 07-24-2020, 03:55 PM
Alex Medeiros
Captain
Received 58 Likes on 54 Posts

Who doesn't accelerate on ramp into highway? I am not going to be that guy who merges at 30 mph in 70 zone (traffic flow).
There's nothing better than hearing that engine roar

Old 07-24-2020, 10:00 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,390 Likes on 3,130 Posts

Originally Posted by Alex Medeiros
There's nothing better than hearing that engine roar
When I did the exhaust on my firebird, way back when..... I like the sound so much, that I never bothered with the radio again. I owned if for another 8 years.

The following users liked this post:
Alex Medeiros (07-25-2020)
Old 07-29-2020, 09:49 AM
GRNDPNDR
Captain

Who doesn't accelerate on ramp into highway? I am not going to be that guy who merges at 30 mph in 70 zone (traffic flow). Beside that, It feels great feeling that power but I find that it is useful power during towing.

Did you get a tune on your truck yet? If not how's it been running after the header install? Any better mileage or anything?

Quick Reply: Would anyone want a free set of ARH long tube headers?