3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Blower motor ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2021, 01:11 PM
DodgeitRamithard
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Blower motor ?

Ok look I know when the resistor fail, it blows on full speed. That's not it. My blower won't blow at full speed. It works in low.and both mid settings fine. But no full speed. So huh?
does anyone know off hand if the resistor and the straight through are separately grounded

Old 06-08-2021, 01:17 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,270 Likes on 3,017 Posts

So far as I know, the switch itself provides the ground path..... so, if it works on any speed, it should work on every speed.... (the ground, at least.) Might be able to find wiring diagrams for your truck here.

Old 06-08-2021, 05:44 PM
ol' grouch
Champion
Received 581 Likes on 526 Posts

Originally Posted by DodgeitRamithard
Ok look I know when the resistor fail, it blows on full speed. That's not it. My blower won't blow at full speed. It works in low.and both mid settings fine. But no full speed. So huh?
does anyone know off hand if the resistor and the straight through are separately grounded

Normally, the default failure speed is full speed. Every now and then though, I've seen lower speeds that are rarely used keep working but the speed usually used fails. More often with the electronic resistor blocks. The old thermal wires usually blow full speed or not at all. I tracked down a 2002 Grand Cherokee with a blower problem and it acted like that. It had melted and when that happens, no telling what will happen.

Quick Reply: Blower motor ?