3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Random Flashing ABS and Brake Lights.

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2006, 03:42 AM
djr04
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Random Flashing ABS and Brake Lights.

not sure if they are related, but when reprogramming the computer with a flashpaq the exact thing happens at the end. Possible program error?

Old 11-12-2007, 10:35 AM
slheinlein

Has anyone found the solution to this problem. I have an 05 Ram 1500 and my ABS, Brake and Seatbelt lights flash quickly with a cooresponding 'ding'. It is becoming more frequent. My warranty is coming up soon and would like to get this fixed. Dealer said they couldn't duplicate the problem.

Any ideas.

Old 11-14-2007, 04:08 PM
tommyv

Hi just joined the Forum today.................

O7 RAM HEMI 4X4
Doesn't even have 3k on it yet. Took it for it's first long trip (300+ miles) last week and I had all the issues you guys are describing!
Started with the ABS/Brake lights then right into the Speed-O malfunction (and RPM). Stereo also dropped drastically in Volume (least of my worries).
Took it right to Dealer when I got off Highway at my Destination. Tech said no errors stored by they did do a Re-Flash (took 20 minutes for the Flash)
No issues for the week I was on Vacation (didn't drive it much). But on the return Trip home same exact issue happened!?

It's now at the Dealer I purchased it from and they say they can't find anything wrong with it!.........WTF?
Not sure if anyone else has noticed? But the Truck does not seem to be responding correctly after these situations, though no warning lights are showing in dash?
Very sluggish response to Throttle in particular now.

out,
t

Old 11-14-2007, 04:12 PM
tommyv

Oh Ya, forgot to add. That both times this happened I had traveled almost the same exact distance, roughly 200 miles, on the Highway trip?
Until this trip I hadn't traveled much more than 30-40 miles at any given time...........I don't know if this means anything or not.
I'm seriously considering telling the Tech at the Dealer to take my Truck for a 300 mile Road trip. As that seems to be when the issue shows it self?

out,
t

Old 11-15-2007, 06:32 AM
CSX173
Amateur

I'm sad to say that sounds like an engine controller or body controller problem. If you are losing the speedo, then the engine controller does not know how fast you are going. This would cause the drivability problems you are having. But, stereo volume and other issues may be related to the body controller. Since you are having issues with both controllers, or so it seems, then your bus wiring ay be the culprit. I don't know enough about the new vehicles to comment on the bus wiring, but if someone shot a screw through the wiring while installing something else, then this stuff could happen. I've seen it before. (The screw through the wires). The distance may just be something getting hot enough to expand a little and cause a problem.

Old 11-15-2007, 08:29 AM
tommyv

Hmmmm, that's very interesting. As the only thing so far installed on the vehicle has been an Alarm system, which was installed by the Dealer the day I picked the Truck up!?
When I had brought the RAM into the Local Dealer during my Trip (not my local Dealer) the first time. The Tech questioned my about the Alarm System (which I thought was funny) and I told him it was installed by my Dealership.

Looks like I have something else to Scream about to my SALES REP!!!..............Thanx for the info.

out,
t

Old 11-15-2007, 11:06 AM
tommyv

Well just heard back from the Tech and the Dealer who took my Truck for the Night (hope they filled the Tank).
Pulled a couple codes (sorry didn't catch which ones, "CC" Something or others) one pertaining to the ABS and one pertaining to the Rear wheel speed Sensor.
They replaced the Rear Sensor and cleared all codes.........I told him about the WireBus possibly being comprised by an arrent screw during the Alarm System install.
Tech said all wiring checked out though.................??

So I guess it's up to me to take it for another 200 mile haul to see if was fixed?...................keep ya'll posted.

Next on the list is to Battle DODGE about that Lifetime Warrenty I missed by ONE WEEK!!! [&:]

out,
t

Old 11-15-2007, 01:46 PM
MoparRob
Veteran
Default RE: Random Chime

ORIGINAL: Jetpig

A buddy of mine has an 02 sport and his started doing that too along with a very very quick blink of a "lamp out" indication. The lamp out was on and off so quick he didn't notice it for quite some time as to what it was. Just a maybe???
Thats my exact problem how did your buddy fix it??

Old 11-15-2007, 01:52 PM
kregier
Veteran

I've had the chime, abs and e-brake light flash about 4 times in the last 6 months in my '03 4.7. About 3 times the first week it started happening. The speedo, or any other guages didn't drop. Hasn't happened again in about 2 months now. My first thought was an abs issue. Honestly I'd disable it if I could. As far as I'm concerned ABS is more of a hinderance than help. Never looked into it.

Old 11-15-2007, 03:07 PM
tommyv

Just got the RAM back...........I'll keep you all posted on whether or not I have anymore issue?............here's hoping NOT!

out,
t

Quick Reply: Random Flashing ABS and Brake Lights.