3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Random Flashing ABS and Brake Lights.

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2007, 06:03 PM
morepower29
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Random Flashing ABS and Brake Lights.

100% its ur brake fluid u may have a leak or but it is going low. My 07 blew a seal in the brake line and it did the same thing

Old 11-15-2007, 06:40 PM
pcfixerpro
Champion

on my 01, my hypertech flash went seemingly ok, but when we pulled it off and tried it on my buddies truck, we ran into problems. After the flash completed on his, we had those same lights lights come up. (abs, brake light would blink) the speedo was off like 20 mph on stock wheels. Something messed up along the line after his flash. The problem with his was, when you took the flash off, the lights and speedo malfunction still existed. The dealer reflashed his PCM, and he's all set. I had mine reflashed (i was so pissed off! ... i think i have the death flash now as she never went back to factory after she was bought). I dont really notice a power difference, but the trans update moved a shift point to help that "buck" we experienced every once in a while around 45 to like 50 ish.Every once in a whileI have those lights come on (last time was going down a hill wherei was brakeing and hit a little pothole). It blinked all the way to my buddies house, shut the truck off..., started her back up and they were gone, checked for codes and there was none. I also have a brake problem where i will apply medium pressure, all of a sudden she will roll free even with my foot down, and then catch all of a sudden and lock up. That's happened a few times already which made me end up in the middle of an intersection one time. Thats what you get for trying tobe considerate and plan to stop when the light turns yellow. Learned my lesson... "When in doubt, floor it" I still dont have my brake problem figured out, nor do I really care at this point (not home to drive it...[:@]) The fluid's full and everything. Oh well, hope you figure out the problem!

Old 12-03-2007, 12:05 PM
slheinlein

I took my 05 Ram into the dealer for this problem. They initially could not duplicate the problem. One of the techs drove my truck home and finally on his way into work the next morning the ABS and Brake lights flashed with the 'ding'. He hooked up the diagnostic and had difficulty communicating with the instrument cluster. According to my documentation, 'While performing DRB Diag cluster was giving no response".

Based on this, they ordered a new instrument cluster and installed it a few days ago. I have not driven too many miles (~50) but so far no problems. I hope this fixes the problem! Wanted to let others know who are experiencing the same problem.

Old 12-03-2007, 10:29 PM
Hessmonster
Rookie

Wish I had read this before i took mine to the dealer. My ABS and brake light came on solid. They replaced the ABS module to the tune of $800.00. My truck only has 24,000 miles but it's out of warranty because of time.

Quick Reply: Random Flashing ABS and Brake Lights.