3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

No canbus

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2021, 04:42 PM
Corey Slone
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No canbus

Has anyone else had any issues with superchips f5 not being able to communicate with the ecu? The first day it worked great. I did some work on it the next day and then about 2 days after thsy I plugged tuner back in and it went to recovery mode. Superchips sent a reset file which took ot out of recovery mode and I was able to go through the menu on the tuner and when I go to tune it itll get to the "1 of 2 files" screen and slowly load up to about 30% and then just take off up to 100 itll erase the codes then next screen is "failed fo communicate with ecu" and on the dash it says no can bus. I have new radio which I have tried unplugging that it didn't work. Tried the charger on battery. No luck. There is a connector right under my steering wheel that has the white/violet data wire. It has 3 others as well. But don't see a spot for it to plug into. I put a multimeter to it and it has like 14 volts coming to it. Also when the tuner did work I didn't have the factory amp in my truck. I cut it out last year when I upgraded my system. So when I put the new stuff in I just capped off the data wires at both amp and radio locations and never had the no bus come up. Earlier when I said i did work to the truck the day after i got the tuner i put in a new dash and replaced the wire harness while I was in cab and ended up keeping the factoryamp. Could it be the fact that a amp is hooked up. I've read that the amp plays a funny role with the whole electrical system of the truck but am unsure. Any advice would he greatly appreciated. Also I'm thinking of returned the superchips so I can get custom tunes in the future

Old 06-16-2021, 08:03 PM
Magnoom
Record Breaker
Received 231 Likes on 211 Posts

Tuners don't like hacked up harnesses. Most times it gives the vehicle itself fits.

Old 06-16-2021, 11:43 PM
Corey Slone
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Magnoom
Tuners don't like hacked up harnesses. Most times it gives the vehicle itself fits.
Everything is in tact and i just read on the service manual that the factory amps in this trucks have the vinyl stored in then so switching them is no good so I'm off to switch them back smh fml

Quick Reply: No canbus