3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

2007 Dodge ram 1500 ignition lock cylinder

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2021, 10:19 PM
WarrenC85
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Dodge ram 1500 ignition lock cylinder

So I've had an issue over a decent amount of time where my key wont turn in my ignition but eventually after about 2 tried it will go in. Well today it turned just fine in the morning but at lunch it decided to absolutely not turn. So I spent 2 hours trying everything I possibly could to either remove or just turn the ignition. I believe it's a stuck pin and I was planning on replacing the lock cylinder. The only issue is I can't turn the key which means I can't push the release pin on the bottom of the mechanism to pull out the cylinder. Any ideas on what I should do. I have watched over an hour of yt videos just trying to figure something out. This is basically my last ditch effort before I call a locksmith to try and take a crack at it.

Old 12-09-2021, 12:57 AM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 94 Likes on 79 Posts

Get some WD40 and spray into the lock. Use a small hammer and hit the top of the key lightly. Then turn the key at the same time. This will not fix the problem, but you will be able to start and remove the key maybe only once.

Quick Reply: 2007 Dodge ram 1500 ignition lock cylinder