3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Parking light toggle

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2021, 09:02 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,274 Likes on 3,021 Posts

No. Headlamp switch connector.

Put pigtails on the wires in cavity 1 and 3. Pigtail from one goes to a resistor, then a relay, then the pigtail from cavity 3.

Feed power to the control circuit side of the relay, and let the alarm module control the ground side of the circuit. So, when the alarm wants to flash the park lamps, it just grounds that wire a couple times. That will trigger the relay, and complete the circuit to tell the EMIC to turn on/off the park lamps.

Theoretically, that should work.

Old 12-23-2021, 09:03 PM
Fredsansoucie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Another thought just crossed my mind... what if I just grounded the hazard switch to a way where it would just stay on at the output instead of pulsing, like after the switch but before the lamps. Impractical but better than having a relay and a resistor hanging somewhere

Old 12-23-2021, 09:04 PM
Fredsansoucie

Originally Posted by HeyYou
No. Headlamp switch connector.

Put pigtails on the wires in cavity 1 and 3. Pigtail from one goes to a resistor, then a relay, then the pigtail from cavity 3.

Feed power to the control circuit side of the relay, and let the alarm module control the ground side of the circuit. So, when the alarm wants to flash the park lamps, it just grounds that wire a couple times. That will trigger the relay, and complete the circuit to tell the EMIC to turn on/off the park lamps.

Theoretically, that should work.
Ohh, you mean test the connector side instead of the switch side. I see what you mean now, I knew what you meant by the relay and everything

Old 12-23-2021, 09:52 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,274 Likes on 3,021 Posts

Originally Posted by Fredsansoucie
Ohh, you mean test the connector side instead of the switch side. I see what you mean now, I knew what you meant by the relay and everything
Were you testing the switch for voltage? If you were, then yeah, with it layin' in your hand, disconnected, there isn't going to be any voltage there. Check pin 1 on the connector, to ground. Should get some voltage reading......

Yep. I'm tired.

Old 12-23-2021, 09:54 PM
Fredsansoucie

No no no, I tested the switch for resistance. I tested the connector for voltage lol. I'm not that dumb, but it sounds like a dumb mistake I'd make though...

Quick Reply: Parking light toggle