3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

2005 Dodge Ram 5.7 Hemi has stalling issues

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2022, 03:52 PM
JamThoGal
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 Dodge Ram 5.7 Hemi has stalling issues

I recently bought this 2005 dodge ram 5.7 hemi with 108,000 miles from a private seller. Got a really good price and no rust on it with. Been driving it around and he had a pedal commander for the truck. When i turned it off, the truck started to want to stall or end up stalling on the round-about i take home or taking corners hard. When i drive around 10-20 mph, say i let off the gas, it will drop to 500rpms, then recover to 1,000 sometimes. I started to dig into some forums to figure it out. I tried changing the ignition switch, throttle body that came with a Tps and the Iac valve is built in with the hemi version. That helped for a little bit, but when i went to mess around with my pedal commander, i think it messed with it and now i have it off and it still will stall when turning corners at low speed. After i tried changing the maps sensor and powersteering pressure sensor. The owner i bought it from replaced the egr valve, but i need to get it reflashed. I heard that the 04-05 Rams could get an update for it. So i called the dealership and will have it checked out next monday. My truck is also showing codes P0404, P0571, P0581, P0593, had a code of P0627, but the P0627 went away after i unplugged my battery to get the new throttle body recoded. My next idea was getting to the O2 sensers for the upstream and the camshaft, but just been confused on if it may just be a wiring issue. Tofay I unplugged my battery and hooked it back up and now seems to be running smoother for now, but still has the issues, just not as bad. Could use some ideas.

Old 01-18-2022, 09:38 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,276 Likes on 3,023 Posts

Did you turn off the pedal commander while the engine was running? If so, that's likely part of the problem. I would just remove it, disconnect the battery for a while to reset the PCM, and try it again. See if anything changes.

Old 01-19-2022, 07:33 AM
jrsick
All Star
Received 67 Likes on 65 Posts

You may want to contact pedal commander customer support and explain your symptoms to them.
I have looked at pedal commander and don't want any part of it.

Quick Reply: 2005 Dodge Ram 5.7 Hemi has stalling issues