3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Persistent Code !! P0480 ??

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2023, 01:56 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,390 Likes on 3,130 Posts

Compressor will run if you have the controls set on any variety of defrost as well. Reasoning there is, refrigerated air carries less moisture.... so, makes the 'defog' more efficient. Although, so far as I am concerned, if I need to use defrost, ALL of the air is already refrigerated. Just seems kinda redundant to me.

Old 03-04-2023, 01:33 AM
Bigmincey
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Compressor will run if you have the controls set on any variety of defrost as well. Reasoning there is, refrigerated air carries less moisture.... so, makes the 'defog' more efficient. Although, so far as I am concerned, if I need to use defrost, ALL of the air is already refrigerated. Just seems kinda redundant to me.
Ah, that kinda makes sense !
So I am guessing that my problem may be that there is no Ground being sent to the Relay from the Computer ? Been searching everywhere and cant find a wiring diagram for the computer ? Was hoping to find one with color identification, or pin numbers indicating which wire goes too where. I believe the Earth on the relay socket is light blue/white ? But so is the airbag one !! Dont wanna got mixed up ! Any ideas or links for finding such a thing ? Thank you. You have been a great help so far. Its much appreciated. Alan

Old 03-04-2023, 06:39 AM
Bigmincey
Amateur

Originally Posted by fj5gtx
Not saying this is your problem, but be aware the IPM circuit board traces tends to corrode, you can crack the case open pretty easily and check the board for open traces. If that is what is wrong, I've had success soldering in a jumper to complete the circuit.
Cheers ! Gonna get that out and opened up for a look !

Old 03-04-2023, 09:45 AM
Bigmincey
Amateur

All opened up, and inspected. Actually quite clean for a 19yr old truck !! Cleaned up, reassembled and refitted. EML Light is off just now, because the battery was disconnected. Will test drive later and see what happens ?

Old 03-04-2023, 11:13 AM
Bigmincey
Amateur

Started it up, light came on straight away !! Any suggestions ? Cannot find a pin printout for the computer anywhere ! Manual says its a light blue/Yellow wire that comes from the Power Train Control Module for the Earth supply. Other manual says its blue and white ? Time for a break i think ! Start afresh tomorrow.

Old 03-04-2023, 04:24 PM
HeyYou
Administrator

Try here. Yeah, it's a Russian site, but, I've been using it for a couple years, no problem.

Old 03-05-2023, 10:22 AM
Bigmincey
Amateur

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Try here. Yeah, it's a Russian site, but, I've been using it for a couple years, no problem.
Cannot thank you enough mate ! Searched through it all, found the pin printouts for the PCM and the IPM. Now know what plug, and pin to check ! The snow here says wait till later !! Will post up with the results in due course. Many thanks again !! Alan.

Old 03-12-2023, 06:46 AM
Bigmincey
Amateur

Just as an update.
printed out the relative info i needed, ie, plug pin numbers and wire colours. Reckoned i would need to run a new wire in from the PCM to the PDC. Located the plug, wire colour and lo and behold, Br/Vt colour wire was broken !! Soldered in a new section, and all is working as it should be ! Few pics for reference. Many thanks for the help and assistance. Thats why this Forum is the best !! Cheers Troops.

Old 03-12-2023, 10:22 AM
HeyYou
Administrator

Yee Haa! Congrats.

The following users liked this post:
Bigmincey (03-12-2023)
Old 03-12-2023, 03:28 PM
TrueDogman
Captain
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Good job on the fix Bigmincey 👍👍

The following users liked this post:
Bigmincey (03-12-2023)

Quick Reply: Persistent Code !! P0480 ??