3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Lemon Law Reward

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2006, 10:38 PM
Dodge Leaks
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lemon Law Reward

Hello Ram drivers,

This is my first post on the Ram pages; I've been posting on the Dakota pages.

After a long war I have finally forced Diamler Chrysler to take my Dakota back as a lemon; they have made me a deal on a replacement 2006 Ram1500 Sport package which works out to about $10k off the sticker and just gets tacked onto the remaining financing for the Dakota.

As a victory gift to myself I'd like to get a horn with real authority to go along with the bigger truck. Any reccomendations?

GJ

Old 01-04-2006, 11:35 PM
HemiBuell
Captain
Default RE: Lemon Law Reward

I got $12K of my sticker for a final price of $24,500 back in October. You are not getting a good deal.

Old 01-04-2006, 11:43 PM
Dodge Leaks
Rookie

Thank you for sharing.

Old 01-04-2006, 11:54 PM
DonG
Veteran

Sorry, but I was thinking the same thing. I think Dodge got the better end of the deal.

Old 01-05-2006, 12:13 AM
Dodge Leaks
Rookie

OK, this was certainly not a gift from Daimler Chrysler; it was a fight.

In Florida once I met the criteria they have to consider a replacement up to 105% of the original MSRP, and are allowed to claim an allowance for mileage on a a swap. On a reimburshment they only pay back the actual expenses, minus the mileage, so you lose the value of any incentives on the original deal.

The offer here was the 105% of MSRP, so I got credit for the $7,500 rebates on the original deal, plus another 5%. They also claimed about half the mileage they could have.

Dodge wasn't giving away anything without the fight, and I don't consider it a gift, but it was the best I was going to get.

I am satisfied with the arraignment, I ended up clear of the lemon with no loss, but did end up paying for an upgraded replacement. Actually when I went to look, the wife started chanting Hemi, Hemi, Hemi, to my surprise.

I just cruched the numbers and it actually worked out to about $11k off sticker, but they could have gotten off lighter.

Back to the original question, any air horn suggestions?

Old 01-05-2006, 07:53 PM
HemiRam_05

I dont know about the state you live in but in Illinois if the vehicle has been out of service by reason of repair of nonconformities for a total of 30 or more business days during the statutory warranty period...its a lemon

....here is what the law states........"If after a reasonable number of attempts the seller is unable to conform the new vehicle to any of its applicable express warranties, the manufacturer shall either provide the consumer with a new vehicle of like model line, if available, or otherwise a comparable motor vehicle as a replacement, or accept the return of the vehicle from the consumer and refund to the consumer the full purchase price or lease cost of the new vehicle, including all collateral charges, less a reasonable allowance for consumer use of the vehicle"

Old 01-06-2006, 02:13 AM
muddauber5.7
Professional

Actually $11,000 off a 2006 truck is a good deal I believe. Have you seen the prices on the 2006's, and there's not much of a rebate offered cause they've changed. Back in october they were trying to get rid of the 2005's by offering large rebates. I know your pain cause I had a 2000 QC. 4x4 Dakota and had many, many problems also. I blamed it mostly on myself for buying the first year of that model. So I sold it and bought another ram and have been pleased, and I'm sure you will too!!!!

Old 01-06-2006, 12:56 PM
jclaar

http://www.hornblasters.com

Chack out the vids too.

Old 01-06-2006, 08:59 PM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

For all of you who say you got 10+K off, was it on 05s or 06s? His is an 06, makes a difference. They wanted to get the 05s off the lot due to the "improved" 06.

Old 01-09-2006, 10:42 AM
mill500
Veteran

For all of you who say you got 10+K off, was it on 05s or 06s? His is an 06, makes a difference. They wanted to get the 05s off the lot due to the "improved" 06.
That's right...I got about 10k off sticker on my 04, but it was end of the model year and the 05's were out and they wanted it gone.

Just out of curiosity, DodgeLeaks, what was wrong with the Dakota? As far as horns go, check these out...

Hadley air horns

Quick Reply: Lemon Law Reward