3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

46re mechanical issue ?

Old 10-19-2023, 09:05 PM
Spooderboss2000
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 46re mechanical issue ?

this is probably my 2nd post about this darn transmission so i have a 02 5.9 with the 46re and ever since i did a solenoid kit it repair it drove like a dream then i parked it took it out and all sudden 1-2 is gone after like 2 or more weeks of it driving just fine, i never adjusted bands which i知 feeling like is the issue but i need some clarification, so when i do start it up it値l drive off into first gear but if i floor it it値l like shift out of nowhere into a low gear around 2-2500rpm and then stay in 3rd or 4th gear, it has no codes and if i shut the truck off and turn it back on it値l do the same and drive off in 1st now i致e disconnected the 7 pin connector and sometimes it値l shift into 1st when i tell it to sometimes i have to do neutral then first when moving but it値l grab it at a stop just fine

Old 10-24-2023, 08:03 PM
Spooderboss2000
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Spooderboss2000
this is probably my 2nd post about this darn transmission so i have a 02 5.9 with the 46re and ever since i did a solenoid kit it repair it drove like a dream then i parked it took it out and all sudden 1-2 is gone after like 2 or more weeks of it driving just fine, i never adjusted bands which i知 feeling like is the issue but i need some clarification, so when i do start it up it値l drive off into first gear but if i floor it it値l like shift out of nowhere into a low gear around 2-2500rpm and then stay in 3rd or 4th gear, it has no codes and if i shut the truck off and turn it back on it値l do the same and drive off in 1st now i致e disconnected the 7 pin connector and sometimes it値l shift into 1st when i tell it to sometimes i have to do neutral then first when moving but it値l grab it at a stop just fine
i swapped the governor sensor even tho i replaced it a couple weeks ago and adjusted the band inside the trans pan to spec and it still still solve the problem could it be clogged valve body?

Old 10-25-2023, 07:04 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,225 Likes on 2,975 Posts

Manual first gear, and 'auto' first gear, use different hydraulic circuits, and I don't think the band is applied in 'auto' either. How is the fluid level? Gotta check in Neutral, checking in park will give you an artificially high reading.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 46re mechanical issue ?