3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

gas mileage?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2006, 03:35 AM
tamuccmike
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: gas mileage?

"borederline trollish'...i like that...i just don't like it when people try to say one thing about the generalities of a certain truck...when they never fully explained the truth in the first place...and most posts were negative because i do not like BS....but "trollish" what's that even mean? what you think i drive a piece of crap titan? GFYDB

Old 02-10-2006, 01:20 PM
AIR RAM
All Star
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: tamuccmike

quote from air ram..."Well yes my mods did help MPH BUT When I was stock I could easily pull 17-18 MPG average...on the highway.... the city killed my economey and it averaged 13-14 in the city... this was because of the 3.55 gears though." So all this f-ing time you have been hounding me about getting 20 mpg almost stock when you had 17 stock? i possibly could have believed 17 stock...but ur a 4.7 highly moded...all this time you've been a jew...
WOW... I think this is the first time I have been attacked by a CHILD. I’m not sure what you mean by "JEW", I’m not racist and I don’t use terms like that... personally In this day and age I didn’t think many people should. I’m Italian, though since you asked. I’m not sure what that has to do with this tread about saving gas... Have you offered any advice... ohh that’s right you still learning how to park daddy’s truck. Perhaps this is why you have NOTHING to add other than BS not pertaining to the subject. But seriously why are you attacking me....?

"borederline trollish'...i like that...i just don't like it when people try to say one thing about the generalities of a certain truck...when they never fully explained the truth in the first place...and most posts were negative because i do not like BS....but "trollish" what's that even mean? what you think i drive a piece of crap titan? GFYDB
Man I’m not really sure what your problem is... I’m just trying to share what I have experienced in the 5 years I have been driving my 2002 4.7L ram... Just in case you where wondering, my truck was stock when I pirchased it. I did not purchase it with all my mods installed... I did have to drive for quite a while STOCK before I added mods too it, so my experience is rather solid. I put 80,000 miles in the drivers seat on this truck. So when I give advice I’m also giving it on both past experience (STOCK) and present, not just on present experience. Either way I have a whole lot of experience.... you can take my advice and WIN or you can skip my advice and LOSE... again I could care less what you do.

How can you say ANYONE is BS'ing when you have NOT even tried the advice I gave. I was driving the 3rd Gen Ram before you even had your license. If you don’t want to try my SIMPLE advice then don’t I really do not care. You calling me a liar and you don’t even know me, that kind of bothers me and it also shows what kind of person you are. You never asked for clarification... you just started name calling right off the bat. All I tried to do was post a different way to drive your truck... the question was about “gas mileage?"... Not "tamuccmike please ruin this tread!â€. You have offered ZERO advice... because you have none to offer... because you’re still trying to learn how to parallel park and back in between two cars... You will in time have some advice to share in time... (just be patient my young JEDI). That’s fine you’re new to this truck, all I ask is try my advice and then come back informed before you judge me for BS. Because until you TRY my advice, you have NOTHING to say negative about it!

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

Old 02-10-2006, 01:54 PM
fire10

Im with Air Ram on this one.

Old 02-10-2006, 02:13 PM
eltupac
All Star

I whish theiy hadd spel chek on theese siites.
economey
racest
tread

Children please can we all just get along. Why dont you go burn a danish flag or something?
Freedom of speech
BLAHBLAHBLAH. I just like to fill in the gaps, nothing better to say.

If you get 20.1mpg good for you, if you dont, oh well. Its a heavy truck live with it. I have a V6 and get 17 at best. Maybe once got 19. I am not complaining. I used to get 32mpg on my ricer. So if you want good economy and muscle, get this : http://videos.streetfire.net/video/D...9BEA2A5D90.htm

Old 02-10-2006, 02:47 PM
AIR RAM
All Star
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: eltupac

I whish theiy hadd spel chek on theese siites.
economey
racest
tread

Children please can we all just get along. Why dont you go burn a danish flag or something?
Freedom of speech
BLAHBLAHBLAH. I just like to fill in the gaps, nothing better to say.

If you get 20.1mpg good for you, if you dont, oh well. Its a heavy truck live with it. I have a V6 and get 17 at best. Maybe once got 19. I am not complaining. I used to get 32mpg on my ricer. So if you want good economy and muscle, get this : http://videos.streetfire.net/video/D...9BEA2A5D90.htm

I do not type very well and at times I don’t even read what I type. So when I spell a word incorrectly its more because I can’t type worth a darn... and I’m too lazy to go back and fix it...>LOL BUT since you pointed the errors out I went back and fixed them... thanks for proof reading my post.

Yeah you’re right it is a large truck but that does NOT mean you can not improve your fuel economy. And the point is that by just changing your driving habits can make a large difference for some people. And there are mods that do help as well... So you’re not STUCK with pee poor fuel economy and there is a way to improve it if you want too.

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

Old 02-10-2006, 07:34 PM
AeroRam
Rookie

And I have a bigger toaster than anybody here!!!!

Seriously this doesn't matter enough to argue about and get personal. Obviously no one is changing anyone's mind on the subject.

Old 02-12-2006, 11:15 PM
alienyzf
Professional

I average 16-17mpg diving 70 miles a day to work and back. My wifes Durango averages 13-14 she drives 30 mile to an from work. She drives with stop and go and I drive mostly highway. I drive at 75-80 mph but if I slow it to 70 mph I get 18 mpg. If I take a 5 mile shorter route I get 15mpg because of all the stop and go. The Durango got 18 mpg up to Atlanta and back driving 75-80 mph. Both vehicles are 4x2 and my truck has the 3.21 axle. I have also figured out that the computers are usually 1 mpg higher than what I compute during fill ups. Both have about 20k miles on them. So, this is what I have learned. Going slower does help if you have the time to do so. Take the highway when possible, even if it is longer, it will save wear and tear of stop and go and the gas savings will work out. My Extang bed cover got me an extra mile per gallon. My airaid MIT, K&N, synthetic oil changes, and Emco muffler did very little to improve gas mileage.

So take that info as you will. For those who want the best of both worlds: "You can wish in one hand and crap in the other and tell me which fills up first".

Old 02-13-2006, 01:23 AM
Hemi Dave
Professional

Why not just drive in tow haul or better yet just drive around in 2nd gear...I guess in a 4x4 you could just yank the front drive shaft and run the t-case in low...instant 4:56. Just poking fun but I am in great dis belief that anyone is getting 20 MPG even down hill and the wind at your back..cmon
ORIGINAL: AIR RAM

jesus christ are you kidding me? you'd really go through all that work to save a dollar on your next fill-up? Like mentioned above...it's a 5,000 lb 345 hp truck...you can not do anything to improve gas milage that much...just fill it up, drive and be happy that you live in a country where you can get gas anytime you want & it's not $5 a gallon..."dont drive in this lane and that lane," "never exceed 2,000 RPM, and drive with the "cruze" button on the steering wheel." Give me a break...Tire pressure is a good thing to squeeze an extra 5 cents from each tank...but more importantly tire pressure needs to be kept at the correct level for safety reasons...if you are a daily commuter that will help...and if you are constantly pulling up beside people, taking off and smoking the tires, yeah you are wasting gas...but give all that other crap a break...please.
Well I dont know about your MATH but mine tells me 20+MPG is better than 13MPG... I guess you like to spend you cash at the pump...

I pay up to 50.00 a fill up.... The longer I can go the more I save... The differnce for me is almost 100 bucks a month when I make that 50.00 almost two weeks... BUT if I just get in and drive like your sugesting... I need to fill up almost twice a week... so I can either fill up for 150 bucks a month or 250 a month.... But I guess that is pocket change to you.

And your WRONG there is allot you can do to make a DRASTIC change in your fuel economey... Your driving habbits are the first one you need to work on... and if you want even better fuel economey then toss in a set of 4.56's, electric fan & underdrive pulley... Combined with your NEW driving habbits you can and in most cases will get OVER 20MPG@60-65MPH!

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

Old 02-13-2006, 01:33 AM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

At first this post irritated me as it should have just been another reply in the miles per gallon post that has a sticky. But since it has turned into a shouting match I am glad it was not in that post, would have ruined it.

Old 02-13-2006, 12:23 PM
HankL
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Let us all give thanks
that the designers of
Dodge, Toyota, Nissan, Ford, GM, Kenworth, Volvo, and Freightliner trucks
are nothing like Air Ram.

Let us also give thanks
that operators of drag strips
with measured (to the inch) quarter miles on flat pavement
accurate timers that give reaction, 60 ft, 1/8th, terminal speed and ET
and even weather stations for wind speed, barometer, and atmospheric pressure,
are nothing like Air Ram.

Shouldn't MPG tests
be run as accurately
as quarter mile runs at a Dragstrip
if anyone is going to make $ judgements based on them?

Quick Reply: gas mileage?