3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

black plastic door guards?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2006, 05:12 PM
BLACK
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default black plastic door guards?

anyone ever removed the door guards in the middle of the door. Is there a indention in the door where they sit or are they just glued on and can be taken off like emblems? Im talking about the plain black plastic guards that guard from i guess other doors dinging your door. I would like to take them off if their isnt an indention in the door where they go.

Old 02-09-2006, 08:21 PM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: black plastic door guards?

mine never came with them, I believe they are on there with just double sided tape like the emblems are.

Old 02-09-2006, 10:46 PM
osteodoc08
Record Breaker

Yup. Just stuck on there. Now go to gettin them things off for a nice shiny truck!!!

Old 02-10-2006, 12:42 AM
BLACK

sweet thanks

Old 02-10-2006, 04:23 AM
sumncguy
Veteran

But go to the local auto barn, pep boys or advanced auto and tet the 3m door edge guard ..... you get a few feet in a role, it dresses the truck a bit and keeps the edge of the door from chipping.

Real cheap too !

Old 02-10-2006, 05:33 AM
BLACK

yeah im not big on that stuff, im sure it protects it well but i park in the back of parking lots anyways. Im not crazy about the way it looks. I just want my truck to look real clean and and sharp not big on alot of add-on chrome stuff. Thats why i wanna take the emblems and door guards off. Thanks for the advice though. I kinda dont wanna go buy a heat gun or hair dryer to take them emblems off since ill only use it that one time. Kinda wish i had a wife or something so i could just use hers hahaha.

Old 02-10-2006, 07:21 PM
AeroRam
Rookie

They also make those door protectors in in clear instead of chrome. I've seen a type that is very think and clear. I forget what they are called but they are not very noticeable unless you are standing near the truck. Those might offer some protection without altering the look of the truck.

Old 02-11-2006, 12:28 AM
bmxox
Professional

I just asked this question in another thread, guess I should have looked around a little first before posting. Oh well, probably taking mine off once it warms up a little bit.

Quick Reply: black plastic door guards?