3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Anti-theft devices

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2006, 03:01 PM
BleuBird
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Anti-theft devices

That sounds like a great idea, and you can get a pair of Smith and Weston cuffs for like $20 at sporting goods stores (Academy). I think im going to try this, thanks

Old 02-16-2006, 09:14 PM
JoeKramer
Rookie

silvernightmare has the best setup IMHO.

‘the Club’ or any other thing that attaches to the steering wheel is not a good idea. The steering wheels have a soft metal inside them that’s easy to cut through with the hacksaw or bolt cutters. I know cause I did this. Not to steel a car, but I did a modification to an old steering wheel once. I think bolt cutters tend to render 'the Club' useless as your through that in like 1 second.

The brake pedal is hard to get at and made of tougher metal for safety reasons. The brake locking company that silvernightmare referred to showed how hard it is to get through the pedals and that had me sold right there!!!

If it takes to much effort or time they will leave it alone...

Old 05-15-2008, 12:18 PM
hotwireproof

I know this is a little older thread, but I just registered, after lurking for a while. I have a Ravelco. As others said, alarms don't do ****. Nobody listens and a thief just cuts the wires to the unit under the steering column. Lojack can work if you have coverage, the police take the time to respond (low priority), and the thief doesnt break the transmitter. I went with Ravelco to prevent it from being stolen in the first place. If its stolen, I probably don't want it back. All the connections were made under the hood, and the installer hid all the wires in existing wire looms. When he was done, it was very difficult to tell it was even there. It would take hours to trace the wires. The only system out there never defeated.

Quick Reply: Anti-theft devices