3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Anyone test there insurance co.?

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2006, 02:23 AM
Black Beast
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone test there insurance co.?

I have to make a call to my insurance co. in the morning and I was courious about what there response would be and if anyone has had any problems making claims in the past.

Old 02-21-2006, 02:53 AM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin
Default RE: Anyone test there insurance co.?

Make sure you have a police report information handy....as the more information you have in support of yourself the better it is for you. I got screwed by not calling a cop for a fender bender. I switched companies after that heh...

Old 02-21-2006, 02:53 AM
HuskyJazz
Professional

It depends what your claim is. If it is open and shut, you shouldn't have any problems. However, theisurance company is going to try and fix the situation in the cheapest way possible.

Old 02-21-2006, 03:02 AM
Boater

First the Durango and now this. With that kind of luck your friends wont ride with you.

Old 02-21-2006, 03:16 AM
GotHemi?
Professional

Just made a $5,700 claim. No problems with State Farm thus far. They gave me a list of about 5 shops that they go through in my area and I picked one. Dropped it off and it was fixed when i picked it up. Never had a prob with State Farm.

Old 02-21-2006, 03:44 AM
Black Beast
Rookie

It's kind of funny but my truck is just sitting in front of my house, I have the worst case of a.d.d. if I wern't married I would have the top cut off and all new doors put on by the end of the week! I am a contractor by day and coral reef keeper (aquarium) by night. I also build my own engines from block up (like alot of you)I can do the work, It's killing me to wait for a month from the point of telling some guy behind a desk (state farm) that I was not familure with my new truck, drove it like I always do and ended upside down in a ditch, then get three estimates from three guys saying "well that was pretty stupid" just to have them fix it sub-par to **** me off, by the end of this ordeal I would have to fix it myself anyways, is it worth the 9k?. Oh yea the married part, wife says-no time (busy building homes,taking care of beautiful baby boy, love and attention to thoughtful wife for buying said problem in front of house and be a grown up and go through the red tape a like good little boy. If anyone needs me I'll be right here. I'm projecting.

Old 02-21-2006, 11:01 AM
osteodoc08
Record Breaker

It shouldn't matter how it happened, it did happen and they're your insurance company. Police report in hand, you should have no problem getting it fixed.

Old 02-21-2006, 10:16 PM
HemiBuell
Captain

Arbella was more than happy to replace my brand new 1500 and accessories when it went swimming.

I made the claim, they came back to me with a $$ number. I told them I was getting a lawyer. They came back with a very good $$ number a day later.

Make sure you have any documentation possible.

Quick Reply: Anyone test there insurance co.?