3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Synthetic Leather Seat Covers

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2006, 04:54 PM
schawks73
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Synthetic Leather Seat Covers

I was looking around on e-bay for some seat covers for my new 05 Red QC and i came across these which are supposed to be custom fit and they look HOT! i have never heard of the company before but looking at the pics they look like that are pretty snug with the seat. Let me know what yall think about the company, and if you have them, let me know what your experience is with it. Here is the site.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMEWA%3AIT

Thanks,
-David

Old 02-28-2006, 05:40 PM
Hunt_The_Dragon2000
Default RE: Synthetic Leather Seat Covers

i dont know about those but depending on what you want to spend KATSKINZ is the way to go. its real leather and they actuallr replace current material its not just a seat cover. My dodge already had leather but my wifes Tahoe did not. i just had Katskinz installed in her tahoe all 3 rows of seats and the front now has heated seats. we did a two tone leather combo to give it a custom look.

3 rows / two tone / front heated seats / installed

they look better than factory

Just thought i would share, just remember if you take the cheap way out sometimes it looks cheap.......

Old 02-28-2006, 06:01 PM
osteodoc08
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: Hunt_The_Dragon2000

i dont know about those but depending on what you want to spend KATSKINZ is the way to go. its real leather and they actuallr replace current material its not just a seat cover. My dodge already had leather but my wifes Tahoe did not. i just had Katskinz installed in her tahoe all 3 rows of seats and the front now has heated seats. we did a two tone leather combo to give it a custom look.

3 rows / two tone / front heated seats / installed

they look better than factory

Just thought i would share, just remember if you take the cheap way out sometimes it looks cheap.......
Katskinz is a great company. Many of the auto upholstry shops use them because they are a great product at a good price. I've been in 2 vehicles that had the Katskinz leather seats and they fit 100% and felt better than the factory. It seems that the leather that is being used in the "low end" cars are typically lesser quality than say, Audi, Porsche, M-B, etc. I know Ford's pleather is really crappy.

Old 02-28-2006, 07:52 PM
schawks73
Professional

Thanks yall for the input. 2K for leather seats is a bit much for my pocket. Ive seen Katskinz and they look real nice, and i agree you get what you pay for, but as a 20yr old college student its hard to muster up 2 grand for new seat material. i guess ill hold out on it until i hear some good reviews that outweigh the bad/non partial

Thanks again,
-David

Old 02-28-2006, 08:09 PM
silvernightmare
Veteran

those covers do look nice though.

Old 03-01-2006, 01:38 AM
schawks73
Professional

Ya they do, im thinking about just given them a try, for 1/10 of the "real" stuff i guess i can afford to have it look a little worse but still lookin good. The pics show the covers lookin tight as a ...

anyways if i decide to do it, then ill let yall know how it looks

Thanks again,
-David

Old 03-01-2006, 05:18 PM
stealth805

The covers are AWESOME. I got a full set for my Jeep Wrangler and got them in gray and black. They fit PERFECTLY. Honestly, you won't even be able to tell that they're covers. When I sold the Jeep, I told them that I had the covers custom made at a shop, and they believed me. They're perfect for wranglers, especially when you keep the top down, you just wipe away any dirt and mud when you go off road. You will be VERY happy with these covers. I opted to not buy them yet, I'm actually not quite sure why. I think the thing was that in one of the pics, if you look at the driver's side electric seat control section, it isn't covered. It looks like they didn't create a piece that covers it. I was also a bit concerned about the fact that I have a middle storage compartment, is the cover going to take that away if I buy the additional middle section. Those are the reasons I'm holding out, just thought I'd let ya know. The quality is great though and the fit is PERFECT!!!

Old 03-02-2006, 01:14 AM
schawks73
Professional

Thanks alot for the input stealth. Since i dont have the electric controls on the driver side... or the middle seat storage compartment for that matter (not sure why with a brand new 2005 QC SLT[:-]) i think im gonna try it out with the red/black to match my flame red exterior.

Ill let yall know how they look and try and take/post pics

Thanks again,
-David

Quick Reply: Synthetic Leather Seat Covers