3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.
View Poll Results: A poll
Alpine
14.89%
Boston Acoustics
14.89%
Infinity
12.77%
JBL
2.13%
JL audio
10.64%
Kenwood
2.13%
Other
8.51%
Pioneer
14.89%
Rockford Fosgate
14.89%
Sony
4.26%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Which brand of speakers do you perfer?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2006, 02:48 AM
silvernightmare
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Which brand of speakers do you perfer?

I like Infinity. I have home audio and car audio that are infinity, and I have no complaints.

Old 03-01-2006, 11:39 AM
IshouldaGOTtheHEMI
Rookie

audiobahn.

Old 03-01-2006, 03:10 PM
rob[GL]
All Star

Go with a Pioneer Premier head unit and pioneer speakers... Then if you want Subwoofers, from that list... Go with MB Quart.

Old 03-01-2006, 07:21 PM
whoosh
Champion

Infinity - If it's good enough for Dodge, I love em...Plus they sound bad-*** in our Mega Cab

also:

Rockford Fosgate - These own, along with Harmon-Kardon

Old 03-01-2006, 08:15 PM
kenihemi
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

One thing I've learned over the years about speakers and amps, is that you gotta get what sounds good to you, period.

Different people hear things differently. Don't try to please everybody with the sound quality, just worry about yourself. It's like color. Some like white, some black, some silver, some blue, etc. Get what YOU like.

Also, Infinity has different qualities of speakers. The reference standards come to mind.

The above info comes from years of my being into high end home audio. When I was younger, my home audio was worth more than my vehicles. And that includes a 1981 vette I bought brand new.

Old 03-01-2006, 09:20 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

If I had my choice in factory speakers, I'd choose the Boston Acoustics or the Bose system that came in the Grand Cherokees for a long time.

As for aftermarket.....nothing and I mean nothing beats the sound of a good setup by Infinity. The only thing I've listened to that's come close was Alpine....and they werent too far off.

Like keniheni said, the biggest concern is what you like, not whats the best. I've seen guys win audio competitions with 2 amps and 1 speaker over guys that had 2 amps and 4 speakers.....It's not always about the biggest and the baddest.

The best thing I can tell you is to first establish the budget with which you intend to work. From there, start pricing headunits. Alpine is the best on the market....period... From there....I'd honestly recommend the Infinity setup or Alpine setup....whichever you can afford. A simple amp for those speakers will do nicely.

If you are going to go subs....thats a serious toss up. It really depends on if you are looking for serious thump or just a nice thump. Amplifiers its Rockford Punch's. For Subs, JL's and Kickers will produce the serious crazy thump.....but for the average mid range thump....I'd suggest Rockfords.....

Just make sure you get some pics of it when you do it and post it in the audio section here for us to see!

Honestly, if it were my car/truck....I'd go with the best I could afford...meaning go for what you really want...and if you cant afford it...then worry about stepping down to a lesser option.

Top grade system:
Alpine headunit
Rockford Punch 300watt amp
Infinity Reference series for interior speakers
2 Kicker Solobarics 12" subs
Rockford Punch amp 800-1000watts

Medium Grade System:
Alpine headunit
Rockford Punch 300watt amp
Alpine interior speakers
2 Rockford 10" subs
Rockford Punch amp 400-500watts

Low Grade System:
Alpine headunit
Sony Explode 300 Watt amp
Eclipse/Boston Acoustic Interior speakers
Sony Explode 1200watt amp
Pioneer 10" subs

Sony has decent subs/amps....its just their headunits that are absolute crapola. The Amps are actually decent for the price.

Old 03-02-2006, 02:30 AM
BlueHemi
Veteran

I like my Polk's.

Quick Reply: Which brand of speakers do you perfer?