3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Pics of my Hemi in the UK.

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2006, 04:34 AM
abarmby
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Pics of my Hemi in the UK.

[sm=morning.gif]
Yep..........When I started looking on this site, it was 4 am UK time.
Couldn't sleep. Shift work gets you like that at times.
It's 6:30 now, so it'll be time to get everyone up ha ha.
Hope you get some sleep tonight Doc.
Al.

Old 03-06-2006, 07:52 AM
GotHemi?
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Must be hard to pass...err, overtake in the UK with the steering wheel on the "wrong" side. I knew a plumber that bought an old US Mail jeep as a work truck. He would get stuck behind old ladies in the country and he could never pass them because he had to pull way out just to look for oncoming traffic.

Old 03-06-2006, 09:13 AM
abarmby
Champion

ORIGINAL: GotHemi?

Must be hard to pass...err, overtake in the UK with the steering wheel on the "wrong" side. I knew a plumber that bought an old US Mail jeep as a work truck. He would get stuck behind old ladies in the country and he could never pass them because he had to pull way out just to look for oncoming traffic.

It can be.............but I'm "blue light trained" (I'm with the ambulance service) and with my advanced driving skills, it's not so much a problem. (please don't think I'm bigging myself up there.............I'm not)
I pick my vision up so I try to see way ahead. A skill that's missing a lot these days I feel. When you see some of the manouvers on the roads nowadays...............WOW [sm=yikesomg.gif] [sm=WTFsgign.gif]
If I can't pass, I take my time cos I can in my Dodge

Old 03-06-2006, 02:28 PM
ukhemi

You should try driving on the little lanes in Cornwall, hell now that really is fun! How are you finding trying to get the accessories that you want?. I made a list out with a supplier which came out at $500 and the shipping to the UK was another $650, then we have our sweet governments import tax and vat on top.

Old 03-06-2006, 03:31 PM
abarmby
Champion

ORIGINAL: ukhemi

You should try driving on the little lanes in Cornwall, hell now that really is fun! How are you finding trying to get the accessories that you want?. I made a list out with a supplier which came out at $500 and the shipping to the UK was another $650, then we have our sweet governments import tax and vat on top.
Yeah man..................I've said it before on here. RIP OFF BRITAIN. [:@]

It sucks BIG TIME [&:]

Old 03-06-2006, 03:50 PM
ukhemi

So have you had any joys anywhere?. I have found one person on ebay that seems to be making next to nothing compared to the prices from the states and shipping. Once you take into consideration the two taxes it works out dearer than what this person is doing them for.

Old 03-06-2006, 05:38 PM
abarmby
Champion

No not really.
The only thing I do, is bid on e-bay and then hope, that when the goods come into the UK the customs men don't bother with my package.
They have done that a lot actually, thank God.
I did source a cheap supply of oils and fluids etc.
Go to your local Chrysler dealership. They sell the PT cruisers etc and now the Hemi powered jeeps. I just bought some ATF type 4 for my auto trans. I got it trade price.
They have the lot. Front and rear diff fluids and the all important LSD additive, at good prices. All official Mopar stuff. Better than some of, if not all, the American auto supply stores prices we have here.
Give them a try.
Al.

Old 03-07-2006, 11:07 AM
ukhemi

Cheers for that, I will give them a go. Just ordered another load of stuff from ebay so should be nice when they get here.

Old 03-07-2006, 04:54 PM
abarmby
Champion

Just had another thought.
If they are now importing the Hemi powered stuff into the UK, we should expect them to read/flash our PCM's if we get a code?
Hmmmm.
Think I'll drop by and ask my new, very much appreciated friend in the service dept a few questions about all of this.

Old 03-07-2006, 06:19 PM
Drew
Professional

now what would be awsome is to have a 93-98 2500 4x4, 4" lift running 37's and dual 5" stacks out of the bed with the pump turned up to blacken an intersection. but the police might pull you over for that one

Quick Reply: Pics of my Hemi in the UK.