3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Just pulled over

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2006, 10:35 PM
stealth805
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just pulled over

I was just pulled over a few hours ago by a CHP motorcycle. The thing was, I wasn't even speeding, he pulled me over for what I honestly believe to be the single lamest, most ridiculous law EVER!! I was pulled over for tinted front windows. My truck is going to look so damn stupid with clear windows. The funny thing about it was that as he was taking down my information and writing out my ticket, two new mustangs were racing, probably going well over 100mph. Ya, way to go CHP on getting those dangerous drivers off the road, oh wait, you're too busy pulling someone over that has tinted windows.

Old 03-23-2006, 10:40 PM
Sam!
Professional
Default RE: Just pulled over

Well I guess you bettter tell me in what part of san diego, 'cause my truck is all tinted up, so i'm gonna have to watch out for that Cop[sm=insomnia.gif]

Old 03-23-2006, 10:42 PM
b3nzyme

i didnt even know that was against the law,having the front side windows tinted wtf how lame.... i mean you can do it for sure i know in standard cabs but i always wondered why my QC was tinted in the back and not in the front. OMG how lame.. thats like.... being illegal for your front tires to be black!! that's pointless!

Old 03-23-2006, 10:43 PM
b3nzyme

i guess its those darn moralists again.. its immoral to do that, so unethical... [:@][:@][:@][:@][:@]

Old 03-23-2006, 10:46 PM
RcBandit28
Captain

My regular cab is tinted...and i'll never have a vehicle with non-tinted windows. But, then again i'm in Indiana.

Old 03-23-2006, 10:52 PM
nos4fuel
Veteran

its not the tint thats illegal, its the tint level, anything over 8% is illegal because it makes it difficult for the officer to see inside the vehicle (during times of conflict) and also interferes with the drivers night vision. instead of getting clear side windows, change the tint level to something lighter. I have tinted front windows and i have never been pulled over or harrassed or anything. In fact, i've even had police officers compliment me (I'm friends with the local 5-0) and then havent told me anything about them being illegal.

Old 03-23-2006, 10:59 PM
stealth805

If I put 8% on my truck, it would almost be near no tint, its not even worth it. The windows were tinted to make the truck look balanced, and to make it a little more difficult for thieves to see the stereo in the dash. The tint on my truck isn't even that dark, its lighter than back factory tint. I'm gonna keep it on and take my chances, I'll pay the $150 fine. Every damn vehicle I've ever had with tinted windows, I get pulled over in, my stealth, my 3000gt, my tacoma, my tundra, and now my ram. I guess I'll never learn my lesson. Oh, and for Sam!, it was on the 125 headed onto Mission Gorge. They always post in the middle of the hill to catch speeders. It was kinda funny because I saw him take after me, I knew I wasn't speeding, so I assumed it was for the windows so I pulled them all the way down. He pulled me over anyways

Old 03-23-2006, 11:14 PM
nos4fuel
Veteran

i may have been wrong, it could be 80% or something. It's a heavy level, my front and rear windows are evenly tinted and like i said before, i have never been pulled over or ticketed. just research it, an hour or less on google would probably yeild the correct results. just look around, i hope this helps.
Take Care
-Nos4fuel

Old 03-24-2006, 12:13 AM
osteodoc08
Record Breaker

Did he give you a ticket or what? Unless he took the machine out to measure the tint level, fight it. Hell, here in south florida, even if you were in the wrong, if you get a ticket lawyer for $70 or so, 95% of the time you get off without having to pay the ticket or court costs. My wife got a ticket for 12 over. We got a lawyer and the ticket was thrown out because the cops never show up around here.

If anything, that was a lame excuse to pull someone over. Maybe use it as the primary reason to stop someone (of course without profiling) and to look for other stuff in plain view...

Here in Florida, anything darker than like 20% is illegal. I have 22% on my truck and it is plenty dark without hindering anyone's vision.

Old 03-24-2006, 12:19 AM
sandiegohemi
Veteran

The CHP's are worse in Ramona/Julian - they just seem to be on the lookout for it.

My front windows are tinted the same as the back, and I've never had any problems. Once, I was in Escondido and pulled into a parking lot, and there was a cop with is radar gun out. He couldn't see into my truck, but he didn't do anything. Go figure.

Quick Reply: Just pulled over