3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Power Windows

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2006, 04:14 AM
Specialz232
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power Windows

any one know were i can find a cheap but still good kit i can install to give me power windows. i got a 2005 dodge ram st.

Old 03-28-2006, 11:31 AM
eltupac
All Star
Default RE: Power Windows

I am thinking of buying these:
http://www.a1electric.com/Merchant2/...t_Code=CR60A-K

That price is for the two scissors with motors. They also have pictures of how to install. They use an F-150 as a sample, but its the same process. You have to buy the switches separately. I am thinking of doing just the front doors, I can care less for the rear doors.

Old 11-25-2006, 04:48 PM
bchap05
Professional

Thats not too bad, I just bought a 06 v6 Ram yesterday. I wanted the V8 but I wanted to save gas and I couldn't pass up $13,000 for a brand new truck with 50 miles on it. They came down over 7,500 in rebates and told me they prob barely broke even or lost money selling to me for so cheap. It has the basic tilt/cruise/CD/AC but I traded in my 2001 civic that was fully loaded so not having power windows and locks in going to drive me nuts. Nice to see that I could put power windows and locks in my truck for $600 or so, I'll do it once I get some money. If you get these windows you should let us know how the install was.

Old 11-29-2006, 12:12 PM
eltupac
All Star

Congrats on your new truck. Dont mean to burst your bubble, but that was the same reason why I bought my V6, to save gas. I get 15 mpg average driving normal 65%hwy/35%city and 20" mopar rims. Some people with 8's get the same or more, HEMI's with MDS get 19 on average from what I read. Dont know if to trust those guys, I am being honest with my numbers.
Here is the reasoning of getting such low numbers:
-V6 3.7L engine has to work harder to move a heavy truck than an V8 4.7L even thought its only 25 more horses, but you get more torque.
-Also the gears for the 3.7 are 3.21, these have to be the worse gears for a small engine. Try to pedal a bike in the highest gear. Other people disagree, they say that it takes more power to move with a low gear. I am not sure, but it seems that most people want to switch their gears from 3.92 to 4.10 (on HEMIs).
-Stop and go traffic is the worst with these trucks, again due to the combo of gears and engine.

Another thing, dont expect your truck to sound like a HEMI, it never will. Just like Chris Rock used to say there is no sex in the champagne room, there is no muffler that will make your truck sound as good as a big engine, NONE.

That said, I wish I had done more research before buying. If you like your truck the way it is, be happy. I am happy because I have a truck. It looks good, it runs good, it is roomy inside, nice cargo bed. But if I had to do it again, it would not be a V6. In fact I should sue Dodge for lying about the 17/21mpg sticker. Croack of ****e.

Old 12-04-2006, 04:10 AM
bchap05
Professional

I don't really mind the power so far, but my vehicles have been an 83 Jetta (4 cylinder), 92 Dodge ram 50 (4 cylinder), 2001 Ford Ranger (4 cylinder), and a 2001 civic (4 cylinder). So this is my first non four cylinder vehicle. I was looking at the window paper on my truck and it said 355 axle gear ratio does that mean it has 3.55 gears in it, and If it does would going to the 3.92's help very much? After reading on here I'm thinking I'm going to do the Airaid intake with the liberty pipe, powerwire, and eventually gears. Probably wont mess with the exhaust unless someone finds one that sounds really good and helps. Might do the scoop from the company that makes the powerwire too but not sure how much it helps. Seem like everyone that has it likes it but haven't seen anyone say it improves anything much. For the exterior going to get 20's, tint, and maybe change the grille up a little. Interior going to add power windows, locks, carpet kit if I can find one. How was the install on your power locks, if you did them yourself and where did you get the kit?

Old 12-04-2006, 12:30 PM
eltupac
All Star

www.alarmsellout.com

The guy Greg is cool. It has been over a year and still good. I have a "how to" in this site and also in dodge talk with pics and all.
Dude you are lucky you got the 3.55's. I guess you can ask other guys here.

Old 12-04-2006, 02:21 PM
cjs05ram

I did not realize so many of these trucks came with a 3.21 gear, my truck came with the 3.92 and runs out pretty good. I believe a 4.11 is a little too much.

Old 12-04-2006, 05:42 PM
bchap05
Professional

Yeah I'm liking the 3.55's. I didn't know what I had until I looked and they added an optional tow package that added the 3.55's and limited slip which brought the msrp to 22k and I got it brand new for 13k. Powerwise it seems pretty close to the civic I had off the line but much stronger on the top end after 60. Thanks for the link, good prices $72 for powerlocks and keyless entry. Did you get the powerlocks and then install the keyless entry? That's what I'm thinking I want to do. I was thinking I wanted a lock's kit with a button to unlock the doors but I guess it eliminates the need to cut the door panel if you do it with this kit.

Old 12-05-2006, 11:30 AM
eltupac
All Star

bchap where are you? is yours single cab? seems like everyone gets a good deal but us in So FL.
I got the alarm and four locks. The alarm takes care of the keyless entry and I also remote start. You can buy the button, but I dont know if he sells that. You dont necessarily have to place it on the door panel. It can go anywhere.

Old 12-05-2006, 02:44 PM
eltupac
All Star

PRICE INFORMATION
MANUFACTURER'S SUGGESTED RETAIL PRICE OF THIS MODEL INCLUDING DEALER PREPARATION

Base Price: $ 21,150

DODGE RAM 1500 ST REG CAB 4X2
Exterior Color: Mineral Gray Metallic Clear Coat Exterior Paint
Interior Color: Medium Slate Gray Interior Color
Interior: Cloth 40/20/40 Split Bench Seat
Engine: 3.7-Liter Magnum(R) V6 Engine
Transmission: 4-Speed Automatic VLP 42RLE Transmission
STANDARD EQUIPMENT(UNLESS REPLACED BY OPTIONAL EQUIPMENT)
FUNCTIONAL / SAFETY FEATURES
Front Advanced Multistage Air Bags**
Passenger Air Bag On/Off Switch
4-Wheel Disc Brakes with Rear-Wheel Anti-Lock
Power Rack-and-Pinion Steering
Front Stabilizer Bar
136-Ampere Alternator
600-Ampere Maintenance-Free Battery
26-Gallon Fuel Tank
Variable Intermittent Windshield Wipers
INTERIOR FEATURES
Air Conditioning
4-Spoke Steering Wheel
Tilt Steering Column
40/20/40 Split Bench Seat
Instrument Cluster with Tachometer
AM/FM Stereo with CD Player
4 Speakers
Passenger Assist Handle
Auxiliary 12-Volt Power Outlet
Behind-the-Seat Storage Bin In Floor
EXTERIOR FEATURES
Bright Rear Bumper
6" x 9" Black Mirrors
Full-Size Spare Tire
Cargo Lamp
Removable Tailgate with Caliper Latches
17" x 7.0" Steel Argent Wheels

OPTIONAL EQUIPMENT
Mineral Gray Metallic Clear Coat Exterior Paint $ 150
Cloth 40/20/40 Split Bench Seat $ 110
Customer Preferred Package 28A
4-Speed Automatic VLP 42RLE Transmission $ 1,095
3.55 Axle Ratio
Anti-Spin Differential Rear Axle $ 285
Bodyside Molding $ 75

PRICE INFORMATION (contd.)

DESTINATION CHARGE $ 900

TOTAL PRICE:* $ 23,765

Even with your $7,500 rebates $16,265, unless you are subtracting your trade also. This is a regular cab price. A quad, add another $5,000.

Quick Reply: Power Windows