3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

New '05 Ram QC Hemi Mods

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2006, 09:39 PM
SiZzOuRcE
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New '05 Ram QC Hemi Mods

Hey

Im new to the forums . . . well . . . because I just got myself a 10k miles 05 Hemi Ram.

Anyways, I've looked around the forums and found the most common upgrades to help me unleash my Hemi's potential and hopefully also gas mileage cause this beast is a gas hog.

So far, I've only heard od superchips having an appropriate tuner for the Hemi. Is this true, if not which chip would be the best to go with and what kind. I was looking at the comp cams and people were saying they were ok, but still sorta shaky. Another is the 4.56 LSD gears, however I don't want my car to lookse gas mileage and Im sure that these will prob cause that. Correct me if Im wrong. Long tube headers is an option, but I have a 7 year warrenty on this thing and I void it if I put cat-forward exhaust anything on it. I could be wrong however. And of course the most famous intake system. I don't know which gives me the most bang for my buck, if someone could let me know about that too, it would be great.

So my question is for all you Hemi fans is what upgrades are the most wise to purchase to give me a decently fast truck while trying to conserve as much gas as possible.

Thanks alot. Can't wait to start posting!

Old 04-06-2006, 01:54 AM
ibanezta
Rookie
Default RE: New '05 Ram QC Hemi Mods

wuts up sizzource. i just got an 06 1500 4x4 and have been lookin around a lil bit too. warranty wise, i was told that cat-back, cold air intake dont void it. the programmers will, so be sure to reload the stock config into the computer if you bring it to dodge and know they'll be plugging it into the diagnostic machine. the programmers lock their computer out, so they know it's there. headers you can do...however they have to be the mopar ones, and dodge has to install them. that's gonna run you about 5k. lol. as far as cat-backs go, you'll probably notice the most gain from magnaflow...as far as ive seen. www.corsaperformance.com is another option to have a different sound from all the others. intakes, ive found this one with dyno rseults and all. http://www.airram.com/products1_COMBO.htm. programmers, ive been told hypertech is the better choice for the hemi's. not sure if they have the online upgrades like superchips does though which is a really sweet option. 4.56 gears would do a world of difference too...especially if you have 3.55's. ive also been thinking of swapping over some of the 6.1 litre parts off the srt's. not sure about warranty or what not. im sure it wont void it if dodge does it. that should get u a good boost in power. if u all those mods, u should probably be in the 450-500 hp range. dont quote me on that, but ive seen numbers on the simple mods, and it seems like the hemi's gain a lot. with the gears and good driving, thats a 13 second truck. good luck. hope ive helped somewhat.

Old 04-06-2006, 08:16 PM
SiZzOuRcE

To me, you are a God.

My list for some decent mods to increase HP:
-Intake (the one you showed me looks extremely nice)
-Chip
-Already have true dual magnaflows
-Gears (4.56)
-NO headers if thats how much they cost, not worth it

I am interested to know what we can pull off the srt-10's. If you find out let me know. My AIM is Sizzource if you wanna talk.

Thanks alot!

Old 04-06-2006, 08:23 PM
Ram_Sport
Record Breaker

nono- not srt-10, the srt-8 6.1 liter hemi the 10 is a whole diff. engine correct me if im wrong ibanezta just wanted to talk

Old 04-06-2006, 08:24 PM
SiZzOuRcE

Yea, thats what I meant. My bad.

Old 04-06-2006, 09:31 PM
ugotit
Professional

Superchip and gears would be a great start for your hemi ,then if your still looking for more power maybe the 6.1 cams . Any route you take have fun with your new ram .

sales@strippermotorsports.com

Old 04-06-2006, 10:19 PM
Nicky B
Captain

I think 4.56 gears would really kill your gas mileage if thats something your worried about. And with 4.56 gears you get very poor traction. Would go with 4.10's friend of mine has them on his ram and gets about the same 13mpg every day and still hits the speed limiter don't think you would with 4.56's.

Old 04-07-2006, 12:39 AM
Ram_Sport
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: SiZzOuRcE

Yea, thats what I meant. My bad.
heyhey not ur bad jsut happens now and then.. was pointing it out

Old 04-07-2006, 12:59 AM
SiZzOuRcE

Some people are saying that the 4.56's actually help your gas mileage. I understand how it would, it allows your motor and tranny to work alot less. However, I can understand that it would make your car run at alot higher RPMs therefore using more gas.

A friend of mine has a Ford F150 V6 and he just jumped from his 3:55 to 4:10's with LSD. Hes actually getting 2 mpg better. And he usually gets on it alot also.

I wonder how I would know if my car has 3:92's or 3:73's. Also, are these cars one wheel peels? Open differential?

Old 04-10-2006, 02:45 AM
ibanezta
Rookie

i'd honestly go with 4.56 gears. i have 3.92's, and a 4.10 wouldnt be much of a step. i know i'd go with the 4.56 after feeling mine. it would probably only be spinning about 2500 at like 70-80 range on the freeway. in that area about. that still isnt too bad. and gas mileage wise, even if the gears drop the mile by 1-2 mpg, the cat-back, cold air, and programmer should make up for the loss. i also belive the 6.1 intake manifold and throttle body are the way to go. ive read the the weakest points on the new hemi's are the intake and exhaust manifolds. i havent seen cam specs for the 5.7's vs. the 6.1's. so not sure how much different...if any at all, they are. sizzource...how does the true dual exhaust sound? do you have a balance pipe too?

Quick Reply: New '05 Ram QC Hemi Mods