3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

lots of problems with my RAM 1500

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2006, 04:31 AM
lemonram04
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lots of problems with my RAM 1500

[b]i had a 2004 dodge 1500 sport with the HEMi,,, the truck had alot of power,, to bad it was in the shop more than i was able to drive it. I live in Clovis NM and i purchased my RAM from BENDER!!! Boy was that a huge mistake. I had my tuck in the shop 17 times and i only owned the truck for 18 months[/b]
the only problem with the new mexico lemon law is it has to be in there 4 times for the same problem within the first year of owning the vehicle. the last 4 times it was in the shop was for the rear end. after they had the truck for 2 1/2 weeks, then 1 1/2 weeks, then another 2 weeks and couldnt correct the problem i couldnt deal with it anymore and traded it in. I had problems with the CRUISE CONTROL twice, once for brake switch the second fort he wiring harnes, WINDOW MOTOR, AIRCONDITIONER compressor went out , it took them two times to verify this problem, BAD FUEL INJECTOR, RATTLING NOISE IN THE DASH, ( 4 TIMES), FRONT END VIBRATION i had it in there 3 times for this and they finally changed the ( RACK AND PINION)< they had to replace the stereo TWICE,,, then they tried to tell me that i wouldnt play burned CD's, (REALLY) well the second one they put in worked just fine,,, also the FUEL GAUGE QUIT WORKING (bad sending unit) ,,and last but not least the rear end. DO NOT BUY DODGE, they did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to help me out!!!!!!! NEITHER DID the BENDER DEALERSHIP!!!

Old 04-28-2006, 01:45 PM
ramman1
Amateur
Default RE: lots of problems with my RAM 1500

OK-I cant let this go without replying, its just that dumb. You cant condemn a whole model line that has been in production for many years just because of your bad experience with one truck. Im not saying I dont believe you, because I have heard similar stories before and not only Dodge's but with Fords and Chevy's. I have owned Rams for many years and havent had nearly as many problems as you stated with yours. Not saying I havent had problems, as every vehicle mfg has its share. Just dont come to a Dodge Ram forum and call all Rams Lemons!!

Old 04-28-2006, 02:52 PM
ross944
Veteran

Guess what? I've had my Ram for over a year now, I have put 23000 miles of the 70000 thats on it now. Guess how many times I have been to the shop? ZERO ...take your bashing bullpoop elsewhere, obviously nobody wants to hear about it at a Dodge ENTHUSIAST forum. Sorry to hear you had ****ty luck with it, happens with every company. My moms had to take her 2003 silverado into the shop plenty of times for problems like yours.

Old 04-28-2006, 08:42 PM
Johndcjr1989
Record Breaker

thanks for your concern coming here and letting us all know that you think dodges suck but its sort of pointless as 99% of the people on here are here because they are dodge fans. sorry about your luck with the truck but it happens. if you bought a mercedes benz theres always the possibility that you could have just purchased a lemon that everything was messed up on...its not just dodge. My grandma has an 03 chevy trailblazer and they have it in the shop every 2 or 3 months or so for various reasons.

Old 04-28-2006, 11:32 PM
sandiegohemi
Veteran

ORIGINAL: lemonram04

[b]i had a 2004 dodge 1500 sport with the HEMi,,, the truck had alot of power,, to bad it was in the shop more than i was able to drive it. I live in Clovis NM and i purchased my RAM from BENDER!!! Boy was that a huge mistake. I had my tuck in the shop 17 times and i only owned the truck for 18 months[/b]
the only problem with the new mexico lemon law is it has to be in there 4 times for the same problem within the first year of owning the vehicle. the last 4 times it was in the shop was for the rear end. after they had the truck for 2 1/2 weeks, then 1 1/2 weeks, then another 2 weeks and couldnt correct the problem i couldnt deal with it anymore and traded it in. I had problems with the CRUISE CONTROL twice, once for brake switch the second fort he wiring harnes, WINDOW MOTOR, AIRCONDITIONER compressor went out , it took them two times to verify this problem, BAD FUEL INJECTOR, RATTLING NOISE IN THE DASH, ( 4 TIMES), FRONT END VIBRATION i had it in there 3 times for this and they finally changed the ( RACK AND PINION)< they had to replace the stereo TWICE,,, then they tried to tell me that i wouldnt play burned CD's, (REALLY) well the second one they put in worked just fine,,, also the FUEL GAUGE QUIT WORKING (bad sending unit) ,,and last but not least the rear end. DO NOT BUY DODGE, they did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to help me out!!!!!!! NEITHER DID the BENDER DEALERSHIP!!!
The dumbest thing you could have done was TRADE it in!!!!!! DUH!!!!! You have a serious misunderstanding with the Lemon Law. There are two circumstances that allow you to return it. One is non-compliance - meaning problems that the dealer cannot fix, but that pose no serious healthrisk. The other is if the vehicle defect can cause serious bodily harm (i.e. turning off randomly like my 2004 F150 LEMON). So, you go and trade the vehicle (most likely with negative equity) for something. What you should have done is gotten a Lemon Law lawyer (they work for free and are paid by the manufacturer). What happens, at least in my case with my Ford, was all my payments were refunded, including down payment, and I went out and bought a Ram. 29,000 miles and no problems.

So, before you bash Dodge, realize everyone has these stories. My brand new FX4 Offroad F150 lasted 7,000 miles before Ford bought it back. Go to a Titan or Silverado enthusiast site, and you'll read about their problems as well.

Old 04-30-2006, 11:16 PM
kayakman
Veteran

Could this truck be a flooded Katrina victim???

Old 04-30-2006, 11:55 PM
Johndcjr1989
Record Breaker

well since he lives in clovis new mexico im guessing not lol......

i think he just got one of the bad ones out there it...theres gonna be a couple like that of every brand of vehicle.

Old 05-05-2006, 02:44 AM
arrowman
Professional

Actually, quite a few of the dealers that got flooded in LA and MS did sell off their flooded stock to other, distant, dealers at bargain prices because their insurance (and CFC) wouldn't write off the flood damage. It is more than possible that his "lemon" was flooded in Katrina... I'd need the last 8 of his vin to know for sure (yeah, I'm an insider.)
But, it helps to remember that every manufacturer cranks out equally crappy units every now and then. Seen just as many GM's and Fords that DIDN'T see floods hit the floor plan with a myriad problems.

Old 05-05-2006, 04:58 PM
TheRedMonkey
Professional

Its the luck or bad luck of the draw. Its that way for everything. I work with computers and everyone hates every brand because they had a bad experience. Check the real stats before you go off. I love my truck and have no problems to speak of so far.

Old 05-05-2006, 06:56 PM
rob[GL]
All Star

lol he's mexican

Quick Reply: lots of problems with my RAM 1500