3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Least Favorite Mods/Accessories

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2006, 11:10 PM
bohoram
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Least Favorite Mods/Accessories

I absolutely HATE nerf bars, bedrails and flames painted on a vehicle.

Old 06-11-2006, 01:16 AM
nos4fuel
Veteran

ORIGINAL: bohoram

I absolutely HATE nerf bars, bedrails and flames painted on a vehicle.
I see mods such as nerf bars as something of practicality. If you have someone who is short and has a hard time getting into the truck which many of my friends do, you may need them. I dont really see them as an accessory as I do a somewhat neccessity but to each his own. Anyway, another mod i cant stand on any truck are Chrome mirrors and import tuner looking aftermarket taillights. I cant stand those tailights that look like they belong on a Honda.

Old 06-11-2006, 01:49 AM
arrowman
Professional

I think the worst "mod" is this debadging crap...
To me, it makes the truck look naked... like it was in a hail storm or an accident and just rolled out of Earl Scheib's paint shop...

Yeah, the lowered on slicks look is crap in my opinion as well....
As is having your grille painted to match body color... It needs to be chrome.
Tinting the front windows in PA is actually illegal, but rarely enforced.. I actually like that look, but since by profession, I have to set a good example, I can't justify doing it to my rig.

Old 06-11-2006, 11:08 PM
Chet Ubetcha
3rd Gen Ram Moderator
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

ORIGINAL: arrowman

I think the worst "mod" is this debadging crap...
To me, it makes the truck look naked... like it was in a hail storm or an accident and just rolled out of Earl Scheib's paint shop...
I absolutely agree. Nothing says "Fleet Vehicle" like a naked truck. I've seen very few debadged vehicles that appealed to me.

Yeah, the lowered on slicks look is crap in my opinion as well....
As is having your grille painted to match body color... It needs to be chrome.
Tinting the front windows in PA is actually illegal, but rarely enforced.. I actually like that look, but since by profession, I have to set a good example, I can't justify doing it to my rig.
You own a Harley, don't you? [:-] I guess I'm wierd. I think I'm the only person that would actually prefer the plain black honeycomb grille over the chrome bars that came on my '05. I'm not big on chrome. I guess it looks alright, but I would have rathered the black honeycomb. I don't dig the color-keyed grills, though, either.

I'm originally from NEPA, and I think the two biggest vehicular no-no's when I was growing up were tires that stuck outside the fenders without flares, and tinted windows. You couldn't drive 100 feet without getting stopped! It would be nice to know that they don't enforce it that heavily anymore...not that I have any intentions of moving back there.

For my addition... my least favorite mod is the chrome door handles/tailgate handle covers. Just not my thing.

Old 06-12-2006, 12:53 PM
Limedust
Professional

Curb Feelers ... on a friggin' truck! And yes, I actually saw this on an Avalanche.

Old 06-12-2006, 02:33 PM
Phatboy
Professional

I dont like Brand stickers. Yea, I got a Dodge and I like it, but dont put 8" tall letters across your windshield proclaiming "DODGE", its like no crap, I know what it is. Now on the tailgaite, if you debadge and put something back there, tastefully done, then I am okay, if you click the link in my sig I did this to my 95. I was going to go with a classic "DODGE" badge look but couldnt find the one I wanted so I went with Text.

I dont like the extended cab window louvers I see on trucks. I dont like 4cyl or 6cyl vehicles with FlowMasters on them. I dont like different color tint. They make Smoke, Bronze and a dark green, any of which you can match your factory tint with, dont get flourescent green cause your truck is green.

Anything gold, needs to be removed. Cheap wheels. Unless they are clean looking(like BARTS). Wrong wheels on a vehicle. Nothing like Camaro wheels on an S-10 to say performance. 100 stickers on the back window that are in no type of order, or logical pattern. Faded decals.

A Lunati cam sticker on a ford ranger pickup.

There are probably thousands more. I will have to take some pics around town and post them....

Old 06-12-2006, 02:38 PM
Phatboy
Professional

And anything airbrushed on the tailgate. Especially a wizard and a dragon and some big boobed woman with a sword.

Names of the driver and passenger on the back, or door, windows. "Oh look its Tina and Chris" Like I care who you are, at least then I can say, "That Chris drives like a real dumb a$$"

<steps off soap box and heads to anger management class>

Old 06-12-2006, 03:46 PM
ce2flaco
Veteran

ORIGINAL: Phatboy

And anything airbrushed on the tailgate. Especially a wizard and a dragon and some big boobed woman with a sword.

Names of the driver and passenger on the back, or door, windows. "Oh look its Tina and Chris" Like I care who you are, at least then I can say, "That Chris drives like a real dumb a$$"

<steps off soap box and heads to anger management class>
I laughed out loud! Good stuff. You should consider writing for a living.

Old 06-13-2006, 11:29 AM
Phatboy
Professional

I just like to rant.

Do you have any pics of your lift?

I would like to do the same to my 05 however until we get a motor home and get rid of the travel trailer, I am grounded. Though I am thinking of some 285s, maybe a body lift(wont raise the hitch). Does anyone make a 1" body lift? Like they do for the Jeep Wranglers? Just enough to get it clear of 33s. Hmmmm. I have some research to do....

Old 07-26-2006, 01:38 PM
dodgediva

ORIGINAL: RAMAGAIN

Wow!!!, 5 replies and one "I shouldn't have read this"...
109 reads up to now...
Seems more people have enough sense to keep their opinions to themselves than those who don't.
AMEN!

Quick Reply: Least Favorite Mods/Accessories