3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

What Have You Lost To?

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2006, 05:49 PM
truckin151
Grand Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What Have You Lost To?

So I keep hearing on alot these forums what people have raced against and beat but I havent really run across what people have lost to. so what cars and trucks have you raced against and lost. This means losing by a bumbers length to a football fields length......

Personally: - I got my *** handed to me in a paper sack by a ford lightning but I'll catch him soon....
- I lost one to my uncles SS but beat him after I put on my Borla Cat-Back
- I also lost to a supe'd up ram sport by about 4 car lengths, the guy had about 10 grand worth aftermarket performance
parts on it though so I dont feel that bad losing to him (wish I would of known that before hand though).

So what about you guys?

Old 06-15-2006, 06:26 PM
HemiLonestar
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: What Have You Lost To?

So far the only thing I've lost to is a Silverado SS on the highway. That bastard didn't have a top end limiter....stopping at 105 mph sucks. Not anymore, hehe....gotta love the Superchips....

Old 06-15-2006, 09:11 PM
kenihemi
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I haven't lost yet on the street. Usually from a roll.

No lightnings or fast cars though.

I really turned the guy's head in a big block SS.

Old 06-15-2006, 09:47 PM
Nicky B
Captain

Have lost to 2 serious deisal trucks, a pulleyed lightning, and a camaro Z28. But by the end of the summer I will be able to beat all those trucks and cars. Planning on putting down 400HP by the end of the summer.

Old 06-16-2006, 01:32 AM
HemiLonestar
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Still wondering how it would've turned out if I didn't have the top end limiter still in effect.

Old 06-16-2006, 12:46 PM
truckin151
Grand Champion

If your truck was stock when you raced the SS the out come would of probably been the same. I couldnt beat my uncles SS stock I would always end up at his tailgate every time for the whole race! now after adding my borla exhaust system he's basically about mid door in mine everytime he wants to try and get me! I love high performance exhaust systems!

Old 06-16-2006, 06:24 PM
004hemi

At the track I get lined up against different stuff, so sometimes it's luck of the draw.
On the street any race that I was serious about (I'll get to that in a second), I have not lost yet. That includes the random ricers, and a stang and a maro (both in one night, both v6 but for some reason they gave me the rev so I said hell no. others on the street include a new v6 accord coupe (dont laugh...they quick) and a quad cab harley edition supercharged. And the one I'm most proud of a blown Avalanche. That was a tight race
Only thing I'v lost to one the street legitimately was the Avalanche (yes we are 1-1 and I cant find him again!!)
Other things I'v toyed with on the street (back to the serious part, this is when I knew I had no chance just wanted to hear it peel some rubber and haul ***.) were a seriously built trans-am (later discovered 480 rwhp) and a zo6 but thats mostly it Right now I'm gettin ready to race my friends 5.0L Stang but kinda nervous bout it cuz he's got full exhaust an a cam....

Old 06-16-2006, 06:54 PM
truckin151
Grand Champion

Ive beaten most mustangs I come up against all except for this black cobra thats been driving around my area I just cant get by him (that will change soon though) Ive raced my friends 5.0 but we ended up calling it a draw cause we were fairly even the whole stretch (weren't at the track) plus there was a photo radar at the end of the road we were on , I dont even try to go for the corvettes I give them thier respect cause they would whoop me, I always put ricers in thier place though every chance I get its funny to watch them act all bad *** and then once you beat them they turn tail and try and hide from you........ but mainly I only try to go for other trucks just to see what they got

Old 06-17-2006, 02:16 AM
schawks73
Professional

4.7L Chiming in here,

i have beaten a honda 2000 (i think) from light to light, and i have taken on a 240sx from a 30mph roll going to about 80 with 2 friends in the truck. The only person i have had a chance to lose to so far is a 2000ish GMC sierra. I had 4 passengers (totaling about 500lbs) and the driver of the GMC was by herself. She only beat me by about 1/2 truck length, but i havent been able to find her again and go all out (this was b4 my AIRRAM trifecta [PW, CAI, Jetstream Scoop]).

-David

Old 06-17-2006, 03:55 PM
Chet Ubetcha
3rd Gen Ram Moderator
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Someone in Jacksonville, Arkansas with a white QC Hemi lost to an '01 Audi S4 last night. My brother in law is in town and let me take his car for a spin. I miss driving my VR6 Jetta, but I don't miss owning it! The S4 is stupid-fast acceleration when punched, and the right pedal is NOT forgiving. I've had the car at triple digits on the highway, and it is sooooooo smooth.

I don't race in my truck...or my motorcycle, or anything. However, I was playing around with the Audi, which I don't get to drive very often, and the guy in the truck with the loud exhaust gunned it, so I smoked him.

So, for those of you that are at the light next to a twin turbo Audi S4...don't do it.

Quick Reply: What Have You Lost To?